PDA

View Full Version : Recommend electronic leak detectors

gio_ayr
07-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Hi guys, can anyone recommend a good affordable electronic leak detector? I had one years ago but as soon as you you were within view of the unit or walked through the door of a cold room it would start beeping uncontrollably even though you've used soapy water on every inch of pipe and joint on the unit. I've seen a few advertised but they range in price from £50 - £400, Would i be wasting my money going for one around £150 mark?

Thanks guys. Appreciate your help and advice.

djbe
07-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Hi guys, can anyone recommend a good affordable electronic leak detector? I had one years ago but as soon as you you were within view of the unit or walked through the door of a cold room it would start beeping uncontrollably even though you've used soapy water on every inch of pipe and joint on the unit. I've seen a few advertised but they range in price from £50 - £400, Would i be wasting my money going for one around £150 mark?

Thanks guys. Appreciate your help and advice.

I always had the same problem to the point where I gave up on electronic leak detectors.

Then I got a Yokogawa which was good but bulky.

Now have a Javac D tek select, was lucky enough to get it on a special at D&W @ £235 + VAT.

I can honestly say it is the only electronic leak detector that I have used that I would rely on.

It finds leaks that soap solution confirms with just the finest micro bubbles!

Try and buy the best you can.

Regards,
djbe.

gio_ayr
07-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks DJ I'll have a look into that one for sure. I gave up on them about 10 years ago but I'm thinking they must be better by now lol.