PDA

View Full Version : YES another Hotpoint mistral fevap fan fault!

Foxyrobyn
07-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Hi All,
Ive joined the site in the hope i can repair my Hotpoint mistral.
My current problem with it is that the fan sometimes runs, or occilates on and off every few seconds for a breaf while.
I suspect the PCB as when i bought the appliance it was working well at my freinds home, until it was delivered and began doing the following(think they dorve over speed bumps at speed!)
1. reading incorrect freezer temperatures of up to +34 degrees, causing the compressor to run continually- eventuatly cured itself
2. Ice build up around drain, even tho drain hole pip is clear.Still does this.

Recently the evap fan stopped working so i checked the fan, it works fine, not splits or play and spins freely. I tested the sensors that other threads claim become faulty and with a multimeter i get readings, so theyre not 'open' The evap temp sensor works fine.
Now the fan cycles on and off, and eventuatly stops workign all together.
It continually runs , the freezer is -22 and the fridge is +24.
I read about bypassing a blue conponent on the board but there is 6 ... VDR1-5 and one by the chip with 3 legs....
I had concidered seeing if i could piggy back the evap fan in parralell to the condensor fan wiring ( presuming it runs off a relay wired into the compressor circuit).
I dont have a wiring diagram- which might help if i knew where to get one .
Im in UK, i dont work in refrigeration but did study in it years ago lol

Foxyrobyn
07-06-2010, 12:50 AM
oh also i have wege a screwdriver between the door and theswitch to see if that makes a diffrence, and no joy

HotpointCarl
09-06-2010, 05:04 PM
still replace them even if they do read right....have u checked the condenser is clean?if u have a dog it can block it up and cause odd faults, also the fan at the back, make sure its working