PDA

View Full Version : thremo king code 13

greenpete
06-06-2010, 03:31 PM
my thermo king sb 200 is showing a 13 code for check sensor calibration. i really dont know what which sensor this is or what to do about it. i would be thankful for any help....thanks

moggy66
06-06-2010, 04:42 PM
what type of controller is it?, does any of your readings of the sensors look out of wack?

DaButcher
06-06-2010, 06:35 PM
μP-VI Microprocessor Alarm 13 Check Sensor Calibration

This alarm indicates the return air temperature sensor, discharge air temperature sensor and coil temperature sensor are not reading within 30°F of each other 30 minutes after a defrost cycle is completed.

Compare the return air, discharge air and coil sensors to determine which sensor is exhibiting an improper or illogical reading.

NOTE: With Rev 4020 and later software this alarm can only be cleared from Super Guarded Access

Repair after deciding which sensor is at fault is most likely to replace that sensor and or clean and relube the micro connection on the back of the microprocessor.

greenpete
06-06-2010, 10:44 PM
what type of controller is it?, does any of your readings of the sensors look out of wack?

it is a smart reefer with the thermoguard upVI. nothing seems out of wack with it.

greenpete
06-06-2010, 10:53 PM
μP-VI Microprocessor Alarm 13 Check Sensor Calibration

This alarm indicates the return air temperature sensor, discharge air temperature sensor and coil temperature sensor are not reading within 30°F of each other 30 minutes after a defrost cycle is completed.

Compare the return air, discharge air and coil sensors to determine which sensor is exhibiting an improper or illogical reading.

NOTE: With Rev 4020 and later software this alarm can only be cleared from Super Guarded Access

Repair after deciding which sensor is at fault is most likely to replace that sensor and or clean and relube the micro connection on the back of the microprocessor.

i shot the temp out of the chute with my infarred and the temp is correct. i have been having some issues with my temp pulling down after loading 0 and sub zero products. to make make it pull down i have had to do a manual defrost several times. i am guessing my coil is about stopped up. could it be that i froze up when i loaded yesterday and threw this contstant code that will not clear without going into super guarded access? i would try to clear it, but i dont know how to go to super guarded access. the unit is a 2002 sb 200.

moggy66
06-06-2010, 11:43 PM
press and hold the t/k button on the micro. Pre Trip will be diplayed scroll through till you see 45 ddr, then press and hold the t/k and clear button, this will bring up H4TY, again scroll through tillyou reach 45 ddr then press and hold the t/k and clear button again this wil then bring up a number with CARA underneath it, press the code button and it should bring up 13, press the clear button and it should clear it, turn the unit off and then back on again and the code should stay off, do not change any of the settings as it could get you into a terrible mess.

DaButcher
07-06-2010, 01:21 AM
Yes it is possible for a iced coil to cause this alarm

I would suggest running a full automated pretrip when you get the code cleared, may have damper door or other problems with defrost circuit.

could it be that i froze up when i loaded yesterday and threw this code that will not clear without going into super guarded access?

greenpete
07-06-2010, 02:20 AM
ok, i tried to go tp super guarded and i cant find the 45 ddr. the only thing i have is print and 50t. am i doing something wrong or do i have a differen typeproceessor than what you guys think i have?

DaButcher
07-06-2010, 02:36 AM
Switch on, unit not running
Clear and TK button at same time, about 5 sec
Select button until 45 ddr
Clear and TK button at same time, about 5 sec
Code then clear
Repeat code then clear until 00 is on screen
Switch off
Should be Good to Go, if not take her to a dealer
Again as Moggy suggested do not change any of the settings as it could get you into a terrible mess.

moggy66
07-06-2010, 11:33 PM
i should take it out of cycle sentry too,

greenpete
08-06-2010, 05:37 PM
i want to thank you guys for the help. i was kind of tired the other day and was hitting the pretrip and clear instead of the tk and clear.:confused: i have yet to throw a code since i cleared the 13 out. for now my issue is resolved. when i get home i will clean the coil and maybe this wont happen again. thanks again guys.