PDA

View Full Version : Trouble shoot Daikin Controller

mchild
06-06-2010, 02:43 PM
I have one BRC1D71 remote controller attached to four FXSQ indoor units with a VRV-S system. Attempts to change the indoor fan speed at the controller, whether using the fan speed button to change all indoor units or attempts to set an individual indoor unit by using service mode 44, do not work.

While it seems like the controller is bad, is there way to trouble shoot it to make sure?

Thank you.

Mentallist
10-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi,

Can you confirm the full model numbers of the indoor units:

FXSQ - M or FXSQ - P

M Series indoor units have multi tap fan motors, P Series have inverter driven motors. P Series indoor units require additional set up for static pressure.

If you push the fan speed button, does the symbol change to show the change. Please advise and I may be able to help further

mchild
11-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Hi,

Can you confirm the full model numbers of the indoor units:

FXSQ - M or FXSQ - P

M Series indoor units have multi tap fan motors, P Series have inverter driven motors. P Series indoor units require additional set up for static pressure.

If you push the fan speed button, does the symbol change to show the change. Please advise and I may be able to help further

Mentallist,

Thank you for your response. The indoor units are the M series.

When attempting to change fan speed for all indoor units with the controller using the fan speed button, the symbol does change on the controller but the actual fan speed does not change with any of the indoor units.

When attempting to change fan speed through service code 44 there is no change (from 1 to 3 or such) showing on the controller and the fan speed does not change.

Hope that helps to clarify.

frank
11-06-2010, 04:24 PM
If I remember correctly, service level 40 is for monitoring not setting

mchild
11-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Of I remember correctly, service level 40 is for monitoring not setting

frank, You may well know better than I but it looks like service codes 43, 44, and 45 allow making settings. Service code 44 allows for setting individual indoor unit unit blower speed and air flow direction for ductless units.

frank
11-06-2010, 08:53 PM
I'll check when next in the office on Monday

mchild
11-06-2010, 08:56 PM

Many thanks. Any info is helpful. I have attached the page form the service manual detail the various 40 codes.

mchild
14-06-2010, 07:29 PM

frank, Hoping you had a chance to check things on this issue at the office today. Thanks

frank
14-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Unfortunately not. Had several things going on today which were unexpected.
I'll make a determined effort to look tomorrow (Tuesday)

mchild
14-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Unfortunately not. Had several things going on today which were unexpected.
I'll make a determined effort to look tomorrow (Tuesday)

Well then I still have something to look forward to. Many thanks.

frank
15-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Setting 44 in the Service mode can be used to set the airflow direction and fan speed for individual fan coils when using Group Control.

Once you have made your settings you must use the Confirmation button to write the changes to memory.

Have you addressed the fan coils with Group numbers?

Did you Confirm the settings?

mchild
15-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Setting 44 in the Service mode can be used to set the airflow direction and fan speed for individual fan coils when using Group Control.

Once you have made your settings you must use the Confirmation button to write the changes to memory.

Have you addressed the fan coils with Group numbers?

Did you Confirm the settings?

frank, I have four (4) FXSQ indoor units all controlled by a single BRC wired controller. No group numbers to set. When attempting to set fan speed of individual indoor units the fan speed selection button does not change the fan speed showing on the controller between 1 and 3 as it is supposed to do. So, the confirmation step is never reached. Similarly, when attempting to set the fan speed for all indoor units by using the fan speed button in any of the operating modes, the speed shown on the controller screen (large blades or small blades) will change but the actual speed of the indoor units does not change. Before I go for a new controller I hoped there was some way to confirm it is the controller that is misbehaving. This system is a couple of years old and all worked well when new. Thank you.

frank
16-06-2010, 08:31 AM
You need to set each indoor fan coil with a group address so that the controller can define which one it is talking to. As you have a VRV-S system this is easy to do

FCU1 = 1:00
FCU2 = 1:01
FCU3 = 1:02
FCU4 = 1:03

Group numbers are usually only set when using a centralised controller.

Not all options are available for all indoor unit types. See the service manual for a list.

mchild
16-06-2010, 12:39 PM
You need to set each indoor fan coil with a group address so that the controller can define which one it is talking to. As you have a VRV-S system this is easy to do

FCU1 = 1:00
FCU2 = 1:01
FCU3 = 1:02
FCU4 = 1:03

Group numbers are usually only set when using a centralised controller.

Not all options are available for all indoor unit types. See the service manual for a list.

I don't have a centralized controller only the single remote. Each indoor unit has a unit number 00 thru 03 but no set group number. Each unit number appears in the controller and all other individual control is available. I can reassign unit numbers, force fan on for each individual unit using service code 43, and monitor temps in service code 41. But no fan speed selection, no how it is attempted.

frank
16-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Those fan coil reference numbers that you see are allocated automatically by the self addressing system - they are not Group numbers.

The service level 44 setting will/may only work if you manually address the indoor fan coils with a Group number. As I said, not all indoor unit types have the facility.

Is there any information regarding setting Group numbers in your booklet?

As you can see from the attached page, code 13,5 (02) needs an Optional Accessory to adjust the fan speed away from Standard and on Page 86, the wall unit FXAQ does not allow fan speed settings

mchild
16-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Those fan coil reference numbers that you see are allocated automatically by the self addressing system - they are not Group numbers.

The service level 44 setting will/may only work if you manually address the indoor fan coils with a Group number. As I said, not all indoor unit types have the facility.

Is there any information regarding setting Group numbers in your booklet?

As you can see from the attached page, code 13,5 (02) needs an Optional Accessory to adjust the fan speed away from Standard and on Page 86, the wall unit FXAQ does not allow fan speed settings

frank, Thank you for this information. I do not remember anything on setting group numbers in my documentation, but will look specifically for that to make sure. I see what you say about the FXAQ not allowing fan speed selection and it shows the same for my units FXSQ. But, I used to be able to make the fan speed selection not only for all four indoor units at once by using the fan speed selection button on the controller, but also by service code 44. I have one unit now that is in low fan while the other three are in high fan as I had set that unit in low fan last summer. The point is something has changed where I could set the fan speed and now can not. For code 13,5(2) it is my understand that code is to set fan speed on additional equipment such as ventilator.