PDA

View Full Version : "top up" R410

Kad
05-06-2010, 12:47 AM
Hi guys,

whats the process you guys use on a new installation when you need to add extra 410 to the system, obviously without wasting the gas.

;)

nike123
05-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Top up in liquid after vacuuming system and then open isolation valves. Start unit in heating test mode.

martinw58
05-06-2010, 07:42 AM
add liquid under vacuum the open liquid (expansion line) first then suction run unit in heating first

Kad
05-06-2010, 02:38 PM
hey guys, thanks for your replies, bt, isnt there a way to top up with out vacuming, since its a new installation with extra pipping leght. ?

cumps.

sedgy
05-06-2010, 03:35 PM
hi kad , I think what the other 2 replys where meaning is that , firstly, you should use a vac pump< after pressure testing< + what do you mean by extra piping on a new system
+ what dose waisting gas mean?

Kad
06-06-2010, 12:18 AM
hi again,

i think i'll need to explain this better as well as i can since english its not my "natural" language hehehe.

New AC unit, r410a, original charge up to 7 mts. the installation has a total of 15mts, obviously more ***** is necessary but the machine has no "charge point" on the liquid line, so, in this case how do you guys proceed? Vaccum all the system, leak test and charge all the system again ?

Is there anyway to make things easier\faster?

Im asking this because unfortunly the "tools" i have only allow me to collect the gas 4 recycling when in this case i only need a few grs. added to the system.

i hope i could make any sence now.

cumps.

sedgy
06-06-2010, 11:20 AM
hi kad , you could add liquid into the suction< slowly< throttle the liquid valve to get this right, all the best

monkey spanners
06-06-2010, 12:34 PM
If its a new install, pressure/leak test pipework. Vacuum pipe work. Charge pipe work with aditional charge needed for extra pipe work.
Then open the valves on the unit. Run up system.

kiwireeferman
06-06-2010, 01:27 PM
When system is running in cooling mode you can connect your manifold gauges to the access port on the suction service valve (large pipe).
Close off liquid line valve ( small pipe ) and when the suction pressure falls you can add the additional charge.
When you've finished adding refrigerant open the liquid line valve and your good to go.

Hope this is not an insult, but it seems to me this is what you wanted to know.

Kad
06-06-2010, 05:38 PM
hello again guys,

kiwireeferman - not insulted.

Thanks for all the replys.

Twin fan
07-06-2010, 08:35 PM
As has been stated you can run the system on cooling to introduce the extra gas you need, it is faster and easier to do this after you have vacced down the system (to 2 tor) after installation.

After reading the replies however I have a question. Why do you start the system up on heating first??

nike123
07-06-2010, 08:56 PM
ading the replies however I have a question. Why do you start the system up on heating first??
To keep compressor safe from liquid refrigerant.

Twin fan
07-06-2010, 09:31 PM
To keep compressor safe from liquid refrigerant.

Thanks