PDA

View Full Version : Plz help me to clear my doubts

sanjay261289
04-06-2010, 06:35 AM
Hi I am new to this forum.

I would like from genius like you to clear some of my doubts as follows:

1) why screw compressors are preferred over scroll compressors for higher TRs?

2) why multi-circuit condensers are used and what are thier advantages over single circuit condensers?

vadivelan
12-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Hi Sanjay,

1. Availability of compressor range - As of now the maximum capacity of scroll compressor available is limited and which is much lesser than 50 TR. On the other hand screw compressors are cost effective in higher capacity requirements above 50 TR

2. Pressure Drop - The condenser pressure drop needs to be limited which could be around 3-5 psi. For the higher capacity requirements this could be achieved only by using multiple parallel circuits.

sanjay261289
14-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Hi Sanjay,

1. Availability of compressor range - As of now the maximum capacity of scroll compressor available is limited and which is much lesser than 50 TR. On the other hand screw compressors are cost effective in higher capacity requirements above 50 TR

2. Pressure Drop - The condenser pressure drop needs to be limited which could be around 3-5 psi. For the higher capacity requirements this could be achieved only by using multiple parallel circuits.
Thanks vadivelan for clearing my doubt

Now, i understand we have only screw comprssors for higher TRs and the purpose of employing multi-circuits in condenser coils