PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi MUH C12TV

rootsy
03-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Evening all,

My brain has been working overtime today so bear with me. I had a Mitsubishi Electric MSH C12TV that had an indoor pcb go down. (The outdoor unit is a MUH C12TV) Anyway, I changed they board and all seemed ok for about 10 mins then I get the operation indicator on the left constantly flashing and no cooling. There are 4 of these systems on this particular site, and the indoor units are all powered off there own ring main. But now every single system has gone down with the same flashing fault and they are all individual splits. Now I ran out of time today and need to return tomorrow. Ideally I know they should each have their own power supply and the peristaltic pumps should not be wired in to the load on the spur, but these are 10 years old and have been fine up to now. Ive tried swapping boards, re booting in different orders and even disconnected the pumps. Still nothing is kicking in to cooling. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

rootsy
08-06-2010, 08:26 PM
In case anyone is interested, traced the problem to the power supply to the outdoor units. There seems to be an intermittant loss of power! Each condensor has power leaving the mcb but it doesnt always reach the outdoor unit(s) Hmmmmmmm! Very strange! :rolleyes:
Apparantly they've had problems for years, GREAT.

A couple of hundred metres of armoured required and a weekends worth of overtime me thinks! ;)

monkey spanners
08-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Had something similar on some mitsi splits, found a hole in the armoured cable down to the copper! would short out every now and then, but never when we were on site!

Pleased you sorted it,

Jon :)