PDA

View Full Version : Prestcold/Copeland unit

Latte
10-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Hi Guys,

Got called out over the weekend to the following

Prescold Cond unit AP1ZF 15K Compressor ZF15K4E-TFD-265
R404 3 phase. Now the prob's start

From what i can see in the NRS book pg 198 all ZF compressors are rated for low back pressure but this one is running 18ft of dairy/drinks chiller (Setpoint +5)

Has anyone come accross this before, is this the correct unit/compressor or has someone had one laying about and fitted it

Regards

Fatboy

chemi-cool
10-04-2005, 06:20 PM
Hi Raymond,

According to Copeland, this compressor is for medium/low temp with liquid injection Head cooling.

What is your evaporating temp?

You can download from Copland web site the compressor calculator, helpful little tool.

Chemi :)

Latte
10-04-2005, 06:45 PM
hi Chemi,

yes forgot to add, pot does have liquid injection.

I would guess evap temp would be around -5 to -10. It runs an OLD !!! :eek: Arneg Multideck at a Petrol station and they swap it about often fron a drinks chiller to a dairy case (+3)

regards

Raymond

chemi-cool
10-04-2005, 07:16 PM
-5 to -10 ism AC compressor.

ZF are for low/medium, -30 to - 15 evaporating temp.

Your compressor is for different application.

What exactly is the problem with the unit?

Latte
10-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Hi Chemi,

Don't know the history just asked by the office to go in and confirm that the compressor is down. Apparently there have been problems in the past where pot's have been ordered but it turned out not to be the fault when there have been temp problems. This time the compressor has seized.

Regards

Raymond

Latte
13-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Hi Chemi,

Just to give you an update, i ended up fitting the same compressor as come off and it seems to be working fine. I have also been to another site for the same company and all their compressors are also ZF units 9 - 15.

Dont know whats going on and why all this companies units are like that but the brains in my company say it's OK so i will leave it at that.

Thanks

Fatboy

chemi-cool
13-04-2005, 07:11 PM
If it works fine - don't touch it ;)

One thing you didn't say, is what is the evaporating temp?

I think it will be arround -10°c.