PDA

View Full Version : Inverters.. GRRR!!

HVACRSA
02-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Jeez I hate these things. There is nothing you can do without calling the manufacturers and going through 30 steps to test something.

I am trying to gather info for Daikin, Fujitsu etc inverter units like resistance values etc. Is this info available to service technicians without calling there support line? Sometimes they only ring back about an hour later and I can't sit around waiting for them to get back to me. I have tried Daikin's website and looked around on the net but cant find much. Is there anybody that can shed some light on this?

bigor_2
02-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Unfortunately, 30 steps are inevitability.
Quickly only cats will be born.
The quantity of steps decreases with long-time experience.

goshen
02-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Jeez I hate these things. There is nothing you can do without calling the manufacturers and going through 30 steps to test something.

I am trying to gather info for Daikin, Fujitsu etc inverter units like resistance values etc. Is this info available to service technicians without calling there support line? Sometimes they only ring back about an hour later and I can't sit around waiting for them to get back to me. I have tried Daikin's website and looked around on the net but cant find much. Is there anybody that can shed some light on this?

Hi search the posts on this site and you will find plenty of info!!:)

Gingerair
02-06-2010, 09:49 PM
If you go on one of the manufacturers advanced VRV courses, amongst other things they'll show you how to fault find through their inverters..

If you use one of their phone help-lines the quality of advice you'll get will depend on how good the techie is on the other end of the line.

El Padre
07-06-2010, 11:58 AM
The manufacturers service manuals will show you how to eliminate diodes or transistors etc.

You could attend a Daikin VRV advanced course which covers inverters, RS used to offer a Coverter/inverter course as well.

Cheers

shaunsummer
08-06-2010, 05:49 AM
I too am battling with inverter technology. Friedrich USA sent me a troubleshooting chapter from a service manual on split, wall mounted type. I can forward it to you. has fujikoko pulse motor eev

ozairman
10-06-2010, 08:49 AM
If you want to work out how to service inverter machines quickly spend some time learing about basic electronic circuits / principles especially DC power supplies and then get your head around how to use the diode check function of your multimeter and you will be halfway there.
But in a nutshell most inverters can be broken down to something like this.
AC input -> DC conversion -> Power factor improvement stage -> Smoothing DC (capacitors) -> DC to Three phase "AC" conversion (IPM or TR) -> Three phase compressor