PDA

View Full Version : LCD monitor switches OFF in a few seconds...

Maubi
02-06-2010, 04:13 AM
My other LCD monitor switches OFF in a few seconds after it is turned ON:
Does anybody know what is happening to this monitor?
I would appreciate all reply, so that I can check them out in case another solution fails.
Thanks in advance.

Tesla
02-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Hi Maubi
What type of computer and operating system are you using, and what is your graphics card (ATI or Nivada). How much/do you have dedicated RAM for graphics. Try control panel, display settings, and check you have the correct resolution. One of my computers has only 1gb of ram with a slow processor (couse it's tiny) and I had to reduce the resolution to get it to run on a 24" 1920*1200 monitor.

The Red Krawler
02-06-2010, 09:39 AM
2 thoughts:

1. Youve changed the resolution thats higher than the monitor can support. This only happens over DSUB (aka VGA) as DVI and HDMI communicates the maximum resolution the screen can handle back to the PC which prevents this happening

or more likely:

2. The backlight in your LCD is faulty, so the monitor isnt "off" as such, its just incredibly dim because theres no backlight. You can prove this by turning it on, waiting for it to go off and then holding it up to something bright (like the sun) and see if you can make out the screen. Pretty much a throw away at that point as I dont believe its ever economical to fix it in this situation. Also, you'll probably find that to get it to come back on you have to turn it off for a few seconds and then back on. I believe its just a fluro tube back there, so its probably the ballast that fails in them.

syahidian
07-07-2010, 08:56 AM
try the monitor in different CPU, to makesure monitor problem or cpu problem.