PDA

View Full Version : Killing the industry

airefresco
10-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Recently in a monthly publication here in Lanzarote, which we advertise with, an aritcle was printed. This publication is read by aprox. 90% of the english speaking here. This magazine was out april 1(ironic) and the office phone has not rung since then. Have a read of this very interesting aritcle.

Page 1 (http://www.airefresco-aircon.com/page1.jpg)
Page 2 (http://www.airefresco-aircon.com/page2.jpg)

I spoke to the editor about this and he sure everything he has printed is true and accurate and will not effect our business at all.

note the advert under the article on page 1. :rolleyes:

chemi-cool
10-04-2005, 04:44 PM
In one word, Rubbish.

This editor doesn't have a clue of what he is printing, he got things mixed up and its based on the fact that the readers even know less.

99% of air conditioners are heat pumps.

According to his stupid logic, the cold wave in Europe, a month ago, was from air conditioners working on heat mode :D

The poor man is just trying to make his living.
Have you ever seen a journalist that had any idea of what he is writing?

I loved the part " Experts say....."
every time I see the word expert, I know someone b**ls****g me.

BTW, do you, by any chance know a place that gives you a degree of "Expert"?

Chemi :)

Argus
10-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Either people are incredibly naive down there or they don't know when their legs are being pulled.......

It was the April edition, published on the 1st by any coincidence?
________
Opel Zafira (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Opel_Zafira)

chemi-cool
10-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Hi Argus,

It doesn't look so simple ;)

airefresco
11-04-2005, 07:45 PM
No this guy is dead serious that this is all true.

chemi-cool
11-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Bullocks, He doesn't have a clue.

Is he an "expert"? :D

chillyhamster
11-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Hi Chemi,
not being an a/c engineer, just a humble fridgie the article looks to have some merit. Where dose all the heat generated by a/c go. London like Tokyo increases in temprature during the summer months and retains the heat through the night. If we banned all a/c the the ambient tempratures might fall a bit to allow real refrigeration to work properly.

chemi-cool
11-04-2005, 09:03 PM
not being an a/c engineer, just a humble fridgy
There is no difference in heat rejection!!!

The cities are hotter then then surrounding area also in the winter.

Most of the heat is generated from cars engines, lack of natural ventilation - winds and do not forget all the "animals" who live there.

When a city is planed with the enviroment, you do not have these problems.

Karl Hofmann
11-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Not too sure what temperature you have in Lanzarote at the moment but I'll wager that as soon as the heat is really on your editor pal will be running his ac just like everyone else. Anything that uses energy produces heat as a by product. A car is awfully wastefull and I would suspect is the major culprit but even walking produces heat. To some people a little knowlage is dangerous, your editor is proof of this.

Here is to a beautiful Summer for all of us :)