PDA

View Full Version : electrical load

sd_rane
31-05-2010, 05:39 AM
dear all,
i am presently working on a project required to cool all electrical rooms housing electrical pannels. i have claculated 860 kilo-calries of heat per kilowatt. kindly guide me as to how we can calculate the heat load of an electrical pannel of say 1000 kilo watt . the electrical losses in heat and load in refrigeration.

goshen
31-05-2010, 07:46 PM
:)
dear all,
i am presently working on a project required to cool all electrical rooms housing electrical pannels. i have claculated 860 kilo-calries of heat per kilowatt. kindly guide me as to how we can calculate the heat load of an electrical pannel of say 1000 kilo watt . the electrical losses in heat and load in refrigeration.

Hi are these electric panels ventilated?
there are many ways to cool electric panels ,but mostly with big panels the electric room is cooled down using a dx unit or a bu using chilled water.
:)

sd_rane
01-06-2010, 08:58 AM
this panel rooms are to be cooled by chilled water running through A.H.US. further the cold air from the A.H.U. will cools this rooms.

ref717
02-06-2010, 08:16 PM
hi sd_rane, just curious about the 860 KCal/KW elec. heat rate?,how did you get this value?,in AC heat load calculations you must consider all probable heat gains for your electrical rm.,do you have power transformers and switchgears in your rms.?,very low temp. and humidity might cause moisture in your electrical equipment.:eek:

sd_rane
19-06-2010, 07:45 AM
dear all,
the heat load 860 kilo calories per kilo watt is based upon 0.86 kilo calories watt that we consider while calculating heat load. presently i am just calculating the heat load of this panels and total heat load shall be calculated later on.

dougheret0
21-06-2010, 01:37 PM
A properly sized electrical panel dissipates no heat - does not add to cooling load. All of the cooling load of an electrical room is heat gain from transformers, motors and other powered equipment in the room, plus heat gain through walls, ceiling, doors, and windows.

If an electrical panel feels warm, there is a problem.

Electrocoolman
21-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Contact some of the larger enclosure manufacturers (e.g. SAREL).

They have software programs to calculate heat dissipated by switchgear and other equipment that is often found in panel enclosures.

I think RITTAL are another manufacturer that might be able to help.

Tesla
22-06-2010, 05:21 AM
Just an idea to add. In the old days we used to keep plant rooms on a positive pressure to help keep out dust. I have seen fans on reasonable sized panels which suck instead of blow. Also come across control panels where this dust has caused premature failure. I know it's not more efficient due to the slight increase in temp from increased pressure. Any further thoughts on this in practice?