PDA

View Full Version : cant get any advice anyone wanna help

cavalier2903
30-05-2010, 03:13 PM
:(
how do i get industrial experience?
How do i land that first job
I currently do light commercial and mostly residential
i worked for a mechanical contarctor as an apprentice and only worked on chillers cooling towers and i loved it and was stupid enough to quit.
i dont qualify for any jobs now though except for the little stuff i wanna learn and i work hard but cant get a break. does anybody have advice

cool runings
30-05-2010, 04:16 PM
:(
how do i get industrial experience?
How do i land that first job
I currently do light commercial and mostly residential
i worked for a mechanical contarctor as an apprentice and only worked on chillers cooling towers and i loved it and was stupid enough to quit.
i dont qualify for any jobs now though except for the little stuff i wanna learn and i work hard but cant get a break. does anybody have advice

The US may differ from the UK but in the UK we have comercial engineers and industrial engineers.

The 2 trades are mostly kept seperate from each other.

Commercial keep commercial and Industrial keep industrial, they tend not to cross over so to get into Industrial in the UK you need to work for an industrial refrigeration company.

So how do you do that.

Phone around all the industrial companies within your area, check any trade press for adverts, look in trade counters for openings and ask people on forums like this.

Get your name out there and make people aware you are available.

coolrunnings