PDA

View Full Version : i need help

cavalier2903
30-05-2010, 12:28 AM
well not a technical question but i am a residential under 20 tons ac guy i was employed at a time by a mechanical company as an apprentice and servicing centrifugals and such. i hjate residential ac but cannot seem to get a job doing industrial work not enough experience. does anybody have advice for me where do i go what do i do. should i start taking all the training courses at the manufacturers they are like 3,000 bucks a piece. just frustrated and thought someone might be able to offer some advice or life experience on how to land that first job we all gotta start somewhere right.

TXiceman
23-10-2010, 02:26 AM
In your area, contact someone like Stellar and apply for an entry level technicians job. Also check with Mycom and FES. If you are going after the industrial market, check the RETA and IIAR ammonia certification courses.

Also see if any local unions in your area have an apprentice program for refrigeration. Some areas the pipe fitter and in others, the machinist cover refrigeration.

Since you have a basic understanding of the basic cycle for a/c work, you should be able to expand it into refrigeration.

Good luck