PDA

View Full Version : daikin and midea compatibility

nick2ono
28-05-2010, 06:37 PM
hi guys!!!

i have a building that was designed to have midea vrv
and the pipping installation was made with this criteria
is there any chance to have problem installing a daikin vrv and is there any difference for the pipes???

ps : we are talking for the same system requirements

midea 6hp with 2 4kw units and 2 3kw units
daikin as above......

james10
28-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Speak to Daikin, i was on a Daikin course recently and the technical guy who ran the course said they were now offering condensing units to swap out using the original indoor units and pipe work

martinw58
28-05-2010, 07:43 PM
you will have to check the pipe sizes as thay have to the corect size for the units also the refnets have to be right

martinw58
28-05-2010, 07:44 PM
the r22 replacement condensers do not go with all indoor units

sameh
28-05-2010, 09:31 PM
the r22 replacement condensers do not go with all indoor units

Makeit go Right
28-05-2010, 11:57 PM
I have a building that was designed to have midea VRF and the piping installation was made with this criteria?

Is it a running system (r22/407c) that you are planning to change, or just been piped up with the idea (bad idea) of using Midea kit?

If a dead R22/407c system, you will have the trouble of getting the old oil out -- system needs to run if you are converting up to Daikin 410a kit. They have a tech sheet on what can change over and what cannot - call their technical dept for details/chat.

Oh just found this link: http://staging.ecobuild.co.uk/var/uploads/exhibitor/2206/3ldqmfglwv.pdf

I guess you could flush out the old pipework and use what is duplicated in the new system arrangement, but that flush can be quite a task, and may invalidate the new warranty anyway.

If Daikin are happy generally, then I think you will need to get all the site info (pipe sizes/runs/room unit duties/power where,amps, etc) and go over it with Daikin to see what you can use and what needs changing. If it were me, I would do all I could to get it changed out from Midea kit. Midea is quite good in some respects, but try getting spares!!!! OMG. I have been banging my head for 3wks, trying to get a new PCB for an inverter split in a Computer Room. Zeta-UK don't keep spares -just new kit. And Midea in China don't seem to either --they are getting a PCB made up by one of their electrical suppliers....from record drgs (taking 2wks+):confused: The kit was only 2+half years old (still in warranty) Oh, sorry, I am having one again.

So, worth getting over onto the Daikin, or some brand that really does have a full inventory of spares nearby, or somewhere -- not just words. Last thing you want is to explain to customer why there's no spares for the installed system.

nick2ono
29-05-2010, 07:07 AM
yes it has been piped up with the potential of installing a midea vrv...:confused:
i ''ll check the pipes and their dimensions:o
i have a seriouw problem though, i cannot change them
since the building is finished :rolleyes: