PDA

View Full Version : Smc05

Reeferjon
07-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Well not a bad day yesterday, rain, hail, snow forcast for today oh and plenty windy.

Lots of beer flowing, good info, wireless LAN (always good).
Nova, where are you, what group.

So how's the CV show going?

nova
09-04-2005, 01:07 AM
Hi Jon

Was nice to meet you. We didn't have much time to talk, but was nice to see you.

SMC05:

Vehicle powered units:
Not much new. Development continues; V-700 Max will be upgraded to DSR (Direct Smart Reefer) and also MT version will be available soon (Jiihaa!!!). V-700 is a fantastic unit with the capacity of TS-300 (Carrier Supra 750) and works perfectly.
Also some old units are replaced with the newer ones.

Demanded to get the MAC-module back. MAC is a module that allows TK unit to control both comp & driver cooling on those vehicles where additional compressor is not possible due the vehicle a/c. MAC works perfectly, no problems at all.

Truck diesel units
No news, except some US-regulations related.
In engineering section, we were asked about repeated failures of the units and we weren't able to figure out anything. They are running great.

Trailer diesel units
SR-2 will be implemented to all units. Well, any news? No. No repeated problems I could figured out, except the belt problem in Finland. New US-regulations of course hits the trailer section too (Tier-2 engines).

Communications
New datalogger range.

Over all, not much new. In my opinion Shannon is better place to held the SMC than Galway. Was really nice to see the dealers from all over the Europe. Some surprises of the upcoming TK training :D

As usual, SMC was great. Not just because of the information, but also to see all the TK dealers gathering around.

-nova

nova
09-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Oh, as Reeferjon said, the wind and the rapid changes in wheather are something awful, so next SMC should be held in Spain (not just because of Ms Visa ;) )

Reeferjon
12-04-2005, 07:28 AM
:p Spain now that a good reason.....did you see the translator!!

I agree....this year was a wraping up and debugging session....have to say the suggestion of using ovens to heat comp boddies is...interesting.
Oil pump discussion was also interesting.
But a good conference all the same.

nova
29-04-2005, 08:30 PM
:p Spain now that a good reason.....did you see the translator!!

Oil pump discussion was also interesting.

Translator? We were in a group without any translators..? But if she was even close to Ms Visa, mi inglich guts iven worzer.. ;)

To be honest, I've wondered about this comp oil pump problems been discussed on SMC's year after year. We don't have comp problems in finland... and we're discussing of having -30°C to +30°C ambients during a year!

Reeferjon
03-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Its an issue here, I believe the move to a cast iron pump, coupled with the new bearings should improve matter.