PDA

View Full Version : Portable unit ?

rodders6162
24-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Hi all.
I have a portable unit, (9000btu) and the output of cold air is only acheiving 9c after a couple of hours continous running on full speed(2 speed settings), with the ambient temp being 24c (is that about right ?)

The room it's in is 19'x13' approx with two large windows facing north and south respectively.
It is vented by ducting hose to the outside by a dedicated vent and the air coming out of that is quite hot.

lawrence1
24-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Why would you run it when the ambient is only 24c.(that's the set temp i recommend for any ac),,,,,sounds like it's doing it's best to give 9c air supply,,,and it a portable unit.

nike123
24-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi all.
I have a portable unit, (9000btu) and the output of cold air is only acheiving 9c after a couple of hours continous running on full speed(2 speed settings), with the ambient temp being 24c (is that about right ?)

The room it's in is 19'x13' approx with two large windows facing north and south respectively.
It is vented by ducting hose to the outside by a dedicated vent and the air coming out of that is quite hot.

Everything seems perfect.
Dont forget that with these units, all hot air that is exausted with that small duct is replaced with new hot air from outside room and therefore their performance is good only in their airstream.

rodders6162
24-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Why would you run it when the ambient is only 24c.(that's the set temp i recommend for any ac),,,,,sounds like it's doing it's best to give 9c air supply,,,and it a portable unit.

29c outside with indoor room temp of 24c (before switching it on) is to much for me, were not used to this heat in the UK.
The unit is bringing the room temp down to 19.5c after a couple of hours and that's as far as it will go, I was hoping to get it down to about 15c, I have been informed today that I would need a more powerful unit with a minimum of 15000btu to get it that low.

Thanks anyway guy's, I'll just have to live with this heat or buy a new one.

back2space
25-05-2010, 02:30 PM
29c outside with indoor room temp of 24c (before switching it on) is to much for me, were not used to this heat in the UK.
The unit is bringing the room temp down to 19.5c after a couple of hours and that's as far as it will go, I was hoping to get it down to about 15c, I have been informed today that I would need a more powerful unit with a minimum of 15000btu to get it that low.

Thanks anyway guy's, I'll just have to live with this heat or buy a new one.

Your unit sounds like its working fine and a good air off temperature.

19.5C is also too low for a room temp. reccomended office/lounge temp is 22C so really you should set it at about that.

I had a portable unit once it struggled to get the room down to 24C.

You could improve the efficiency by installing the duct through the wall.

rodders6162
25-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Your unit sounds like its working fine and a good air off temperature.

19.5C is also too low for a room temp. recommended office/lounge temp is 22C so really you should set it at about that.

I had a portable unit once it struggled to get the room down to 24C.

You could improve the efficiency by installing the duct through the wall.

I should have mentioned in my original post that the duct is through a wall and is attached to the outer cover that came with the unit.

tradybrad
27-05-2010, 07:35 AM
what are you an eskimo!! you want to achieve 15 degrees you might just want to set a coolroom up in your lounge room! current system working at full capacity!