PDA

View Full Version : replace TK scroll compressor

suppachai
24-05-2010, 05:02 AM
My customer who has both Thermo King RDII and TS500 is not happy with the scrool compressor in TS. As we know that Thermo King not recommend to repair their scroll compressor, I have to replace it with a new scroll compressor. His RDII still works very well so he asked me whether it is posible to replace TS scroll compressor by Thermo King reciprocating compressor such as 426 or 430. I do not have any idea. Anybody can give any sugesstion?
Thanks
Suppachai

gravy258
24-05-2010, 09:20 AM
whats wrong with the scroll compressor?
Most of them now have LP switches so shouldn't be seizing up.

I've never heard of anyone wanting to do this conversion. It would possibly cost more to convert the scroll to a X430LS, and there would be a loss of capacity. I'm not even sure the compressor would fit in the hole.

If you sort out why your scroll keeps giving you problems you should get many years of service out of it.

suppachai
24-05-2010, 12:20 PM
This became a question when he could not repair the compressor. When scroll compressor is noisy, it is the end of story. It has to be replaced.

There is also a question why Thermo King have both scroll compressor and reciprocating compressor at the same time. If TS300 is so good why TK still have MD300! I can not answer!
Thai airways engineers also told me that URD (Undermounted version) of their catering truck was very good but now they could get only UTS.

Thank you anyway. I am going to tell him to forget about it.