PDA

View Full Version : Carrier fault code diagnostic needed

Mr Chill
24-05-2010, 02:20 AM
hi Guys im looking for a Carrier fault code for a 42VQ have the operation green light flashing 8 times then pause then repeat sequence. The unit is not running at all.
Any clues on what to test for, im a fujitsu installer so dont have manuals for carrier but this is a good customer who is freesing in her bedroom. cheers

Grizzly
24-05-2010, 06:41 AM
hi Guys im looking for a Carrier fault code for a 42VQ have the operation green light flashing 8 times then pause then repeat sequence. The unit is not running at all.
Any clues on what to test for, im a fujitsu installer so dont have manuals for carrier but this is a good customer who is freesing in her bedroom. cheers

Try again using the attached info.
Cheers Grizzly

Mr Chill
27-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Try again using the attached info.
Cheers Grizzly

Thanks Grizzly, this info does not appear to have the 8 flashing lights as a fault, so can you possibly help me further.. I also note my model number is 42PQV not the VQV does this make a difference, or is it the same model just that I'm in New Zealand and your in the great land lol.

I tried to run the unit in test mode after reseting the power mains. But it just doesnt respond. I am stumped and now the customers are considering installing a new unit, although I would feel a far better engineer if I could fix this one for them.
Cheers
Reiss

Brian_UK
27-05-2010, 11:04 PM
According to the manual, 8 flashes equals...

- Indoor Fan Motor itself failure
- Fan motor capacitor failure
- Connection fail of indoor fan motor wires
- Main control PCB failure

Download documents from here...

http://eto.carrier.com/lit.asp

Scroll down to find your model and click search, then read on.