PDA

View Full Version : Hottest Summer on Record

julius Geezer
23-05-2010, 07:47 PM
According to The Sunday Times scientists have predicted 2010 to be the year when we will have the hottest summer on record......!

This is great news for those of us on hourly pay

Not so good news for those companies on shifts (Space ) ..........snigger..snigger.!

MikeJ160175
23-05-2010, 10:27 PM
ooh.. harsh..

but then again.. shop i know have requested 4 call-outs for space, they've never attended site themselves but always had to sub the work out... Last call was over a month late..... on a 4 hour response.. impressive.

julius Geezer
23-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Correct sir , The sooner they are gone from this industry .............the better.......!

Karl Hofmann
24-05-2010, 01:39 AM
Julius.... You have just put the kiss of death on the Summer. Expect rain for the next 4 months now

NIKK38
24-05-2010, 07:51 PM
ooh.. harsh..

but then again.. shop i know have requested 4 call-outs for space, they've never attended site themselves but always had to sub the work out... Last call was over a month late..... on a 4 hour response.. impressive.

I don't think any of the fridge companies perform well in hot weather, have to agree that some are worse than others.
I've just had a flat out weekend with constant chase calls. Can't be in two places at once.
The temp only got up to mid to high 20's, we'll all struggle when it goes above 30.

I went to the beach today, enjoyed a nice days rest in relative peace and quiet. Why ?, because I work shifts and everyone else was working today...

James M
25-05-2010, 04:36 PM
was thinking the other day air conditiong business's must be BOOMING! lol

julius Geezer
25-05-2010, 05:31 PM
I don't think any of the fridge companies perform well in hot weather, have to agree that some are worse than others.
I've just had a flat out weekend with constant chase calls. Can't be in two places at once.
The temp only got up to mid to high 20's, we'll all struggle when it goes above 30.

I went to the beach today, enjoyed a nice days rest in relative peace and quiet. Why ?, because I work shifts and everyone else was working today...

Hark at the feeble effort defending shifts....!

Why the Winter nights must just fly by in your house if you look forward to having Mondays off.....!

Just for the record i'll be going the beach soon also....................Hawaii , Why ? 'cos i don't do shifts...! And i can afford it....!

NIKK38
25-05-2010, 07:31 PM
I can't see anywhere in my post where I defend "shifts"

I made a statement about going to the beach and it being quiet..

I'm stuck with shifts and the T&C's that go with it.

I don't see any relevance in your post between not doing shifts and being able to afford a holiday in Hawaii, what's the connection?

I see from your post that it's timed 17.31, you can't be doing much o/t.

oldtimer
25-05-2010, 09:30 PM
tut tut tut if you like shifts work for a company doing them if you like hourly work for a company who pays that. All i know is if your customers dont get what they want they find a company who will deliver . and thats the facts of life

cadwaladr
25-05-2010, 11:07 PM
good maintainence that is the answer,then the problems will occur less and fitting kit that will cope with high ambients

dannycool
27-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Speaking to a guy the other guy and he said his company uses weather consultants for whatever it is they do, anyway these consultants have said all of the trends and patterns are exactly the same as the draught of 1976 and he predicts the same!

Bit before my time though!!

coolhibby1875
27-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Speaking to a guy the other guy and he said his company uses weather consultants for whatever it is they do, anyway these consultants have said all of the trends and patterns are exactly the same as the draught of 1976 and he predicts the same!

gonna rearrange these words into a sentence please?:confused:

dannycool
28-05-2010, 03:56 PM
gonna rearrange these words into a sentence please?:confused:

Care to tell me what ' gonna ' means?
Also should it have a capital letter at the start?

Yes I can be a pedant aswell;)

multisync
28-05-2010, 04:29 PM

Actually as it stands it is shaping up that way...
we usually have a warm spell in May which has everybody running round saying 'summer is here' then it usually cools back down to 10-16 deg's with a lot of wind and rain.

The real summer doesn't usually start till late July and will often go into mid September. This is why older people remember summers always being hot and sunny as kids because that coincides with school summer break.. Longs sunny days doing nothing stretches time even further, so the summer seems even longer than the 6 weeks (which seemed to go on forever anyway)

. Last time -1976- we started off in May with a warm spell with little rain. That continued but the temps increased for nearly two months

This year we are having more prolonged high pressure with little wind and hence the warmer weather hangs around. If it stays like this till mid/late June then we will know they were right.

eggs
28-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Let's play a game.

Who can be most pedantic? :D

I was speaking to a guy the other day and he said that his company uses weather consultants for whatever services they offer. Anyway, these consultants have said "all of the trends and patterns are exactly the same as the drought of 1976" and he predicts the same!

A bit before my time though!!

I must be bored.

I failed English three times :o, but managed to pass Latin and French.

Eggs

dannycool
28-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Let's play a game.

I must be bored.

Eggs

Well done, you should be very proud of yourself.

In fact your pedantry reminds me of friend who even disowned his own brother, he is a dyslexic athiest who refuses to accept the word of dog.

multisync
28-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Let's play a game.

I must be bored.

Eggs

Originally Posted by dannycool http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/VA_RE/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=189551#post189551)
I was speaking to a guy the other day and he said that his company uses weather consultants for whatever services they offer. Anyway, these consultants have said "all of the trends and patterns are exactly the same as the drought of 1976" and he predicts the same!

A bit before my time though!!

You are mixing singular and plural. IE the consultants and he predicts

It should be either one of their consultants ..or they predict the same

dannycool
28-05-2010, 05:19 PM
You are mixing singular and plural. IE the consultants and he predicts

It should be either one of their consultants ..or they predict the same

I'll be perfectly honest with you, I don't really care.

I was making a contribution to a conversation about the weather not submitting a paper for an English degree.:rolleyes:

eggs
28-05-2010, 05:28 PM
:) I have no bad intentions. I am just having a bit of weekend banter.

Please don't take offence, it is just a bit of fun.

The reason that brought English to my mind when reading this thread was an e-mail enquiry I received today from a job hunter.

I Quote

"HI

just wondered if any vacancies are availible at present
regards
lee"

WTF? :confused:

If this is the care they take when looking for employment, what hope is there for me if I let them loose with my customers??

Eggs

dannycool
28-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Eggs

No offence taken.

I just find internet forum spelling/punctuation pedantry to be extremely tedious and a little patronising.

It was a hurriedly typed post that wasn't proof read, but i didn't think that it was that illegible, or the contents so irrelevant, that it requires three separate posts pointing out the error of my ways.

multisync
28-05-2010, 09:22 PM
I'll be perfectly honest with you, I don't really care.

I was making a contribution to a conversation about the weather not submitting a paper for an English degree.:rolleyes:

No nor me I was just having fun correcting Eggs in all honesty..:D

Voyager
29-05-2010, 11:26 AM
The reason that brought English to my mind when reading this thread was an e-mail enquiry I received today from a job hunter.

I Quote

"HI

just wondered if any vacancies are availible at present
regards
lee"

WTF? :confused:

If this is the care they take when looking for employment, what hope is there for me if I let them loose with my customers??

Eggs

I just sold some mvac equipment on eBay. Check this question from a guy who didn't buy it.........

Q: hi if i collect him self, and need some training this is possible. regard apex_heating

A: Hi. I'm afraid that training would not be possible. I can show you how to set up the equipment for use, but you need to be properly qualified to use this equipment commercially. I would recommend a City & Guilds 5101 course.