PDA

View Full Version : daikin inverter high pressures!

totalacedude
23-05-2010, 01:55 PM
hi guys

my mates small daikin hp (3.5kw output) unit is not cooling and the running pressures are stupidly high!

ie when running the sat low pressure is 13 bar!

but when the unit is in process of starting ie when they sit there at half speed for a while the pressure is about right ie 9 bar and looking on panel at 41 codes it alll looks about right!

the system is not over gassed, and has run nicely till now!

the only thing i can think of it the condenser is out in the sun in a culdisac where its shaded from the wind.
is it poss condenser too hot?

im not an engineer, just some1 that has an interest, doing things safely and asking questions when interested / trying to learn...

we all start somewhere!

so any suggestions guys?

thanks ian

nike123
23-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Problems with 4-way valve probably.

regcooldude
23-05-2010, 07:43 PM
you haven't said what gas it's on, i would pressume r410a ?? what is your discharge pressure ?

totalacedude
25-05-2010, 05:51 PM
hi, sorry

yea its a small r410a unit, being a cheapy 1 it only has the 1 connection on and i didnt run in heating mode to see what the other pressure was!

didnt have a chance to run, but will do so to take a peek at high pressures!

lol surprised in crewe he ever uses it in cooling mode lolol

but what i have found is that where the condenser is is a sun trap and no wind there at all! ie reflections of everything point to the condenser lol
and now its not as hot its working ok!

i thought at 1st it was low refrigerant, but that wouldnt give higher low side pressures.. more inclined to think its not cooling enough and rising temps making rising perssures!
ie using 1 of them ir temp things the condenser fins were at 58oC yesterday! is that just outside of what it can cope with?

cheers guys

ian

ps. am i sad or is it just me thats actually enjoying learning about refrigeration.... lol

Karl Hofmann
25-05-2010, 07:30 PM
What are your air on and air off temps?

What kind of room are you cooling?

nike123
26-05-2010, 07:08 AM
You could expect 13 bar when indoor temp is around 30°C and condenser air on temperature is 60°C.
It could be that condenser air is recirculated.

totalacedude
27-05-2010, 09:31 PM
cheers for the info guys! ive talked my mate into moving the condenser just a few feet so its not so sheltered!

im convinced its outdoor temp related. as i stood next to the 2 condensers, he has 1 cheapy cap tube r407 and this inverter installed, both condensers are next to each other. stood next to both of them i was sweating like a perv in a brothel! funny thing was the cheap system hasnt missed a beat!

i put a fan pushing fresh air to the condensers and the daikin unit started to drop pressures and temps!

howcome the cheapy system kept on like a trooper?

and karl lol just seen where ur from ;) u poor bugger lol

ian