PDA

View Full Version : chiller selection

kerrcell
22-05-2010, 02:54 PM
HI Guys,
I need an overview to select a chiller for a client.At present is running at half capacity due to a fault.Also there was an old one helping it but now broke down and am looking at the idea of replacing.The chiller's total capacity is 250Kw,having 80kw as input.The other old chiller that is now broke down had an input of 36kW but no data available for the capcity,but is much smaller approx half capacity.I already had quotes from Chigo,Ferroli,and midea.Any of you guys can give any preferences to any,maybe based on reliability ?

Client in the idea of instead installing a large capacity chiller will work with 2/3 modular type.
Thanks

nike123
22-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Smaller chillers are higher priced than bigger for same total capacity.
If your plant need redundancy than go with few smaller chillers.
I could recommend Geoclima (http://www.geoclima.com/) as serious and reliable chillers. They are made per your order.

goshen
23-05-2010, 05:02 AM
HI Guys,
I need an overview to select a chiller for a client.At present is running at half capacity due to a fault.Also there was an old one helping it but now broke down and am looking at the idea of replacing.The chiller's total capacity is 250Kw,having 80kw as input.The other old chiller that is now broke down had an input of 36kW but no data available for the capcity,but is much smaller approx half capacity.I already had quotes from Chigo,Ferroli,and midea.Any of you guys can give any preferences to any,maybe based on reliability ?

Client in the idea of instead installing a large capacity chiller will work with 2/3 modular type.
Thanks

Hi you might consider looking at trane models, and climaveneta ,who offer the turbocor comps that excel at part load!!high initial cost ,but major long term savings, excpecially if your design duty is to be part load!!:)

nike123
23-05-2010, 05:10 AM
Hi you might consider looking at trane models, and climaveneta ,who offer the turbocor comps
http://www.turbocor.com/OEMPartners/

kerrcell
23-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks guys lot of info,will check all accordingly

kerrcell
24-05-2010, 07:25 AM
What about the MIdea guys,anyone has preference for this digital scroll chiller ? The ferrolli is another I wish to have your views.

nike123
24-05-2010, 09:45 AM
What about the MIdea guys,anyone has preference for this digital scroll chiller ? The ferrolli is another I wish to have your views.

Both companies doesn't have been in this field long enough to be "credible" as some older companies. But, today experts are changing their companies easily. Therefore brand is not much guarantee that some extensive research and accumulated knowledge is associated with them as some rule.

judasfan
27-02-2011, 04:44 PM
We have installed some Midea Digital Scroll chillers and I must say that they are quite reliable. They have modular design, so one can add additional power very easily. They even succeed to heat on -10 degree Celsius. The only problem for me is the noise, which is a little bit high, but for that price you can't expect perfect quality!