PDA

View Full Version : Carrier 19XR CHILLER

dossak0a
18-05-2010, 08:28 AM
Hi, I have this problem on 600 ton chillers which are losing oil or should I say where it goes. We are adding refrigerant oil 2 gallons in a week. Pls. help or give ideas to troubleshoot. Thank you very much.

goshen
18-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Hi :
If u leave your condenser pump running when chiller is off oil might MIGRATE AND accumalate in evaportaor
check your approach temp when unit is running u will probably find it very high in the evaporator
good luck

TurboChiller
16-07-2010, 01:07 PM
I have a 19xrv chiller PIC-2 FRAME-3 with a wide evap. approach, dropped the cooler heads divider gasket was intact and okay pulled the charge, by weight its okay according to the name plate.Examined the float,and it was tight so I replaced the entire float Re-assemled made sure float pin and bubbler line lined up correctly, checked bubbler line with nitrogen,and it was clean.recharged 610 lbs 134A same probleme. Pulled charge again,checked liquid line ball valve for wear there was problemes with earlier machines and a service bulletin ,it was okay. Sent a camera through the evap liquid spray header it appeared to be clean.
Does anyone have any Ideas?
Thank you!!!

TurboChiller
16-07-2010, 01:16 PM
CW and CHW isolation valve close when machine is in the unocc mode pd and flow rates were within design

serviceman
16-07-2010, 04:45 PM
doos:
what is your email address I send you newsletter service

TurboChiller
16-07-2010, 05:01 PM
doos:
what is your email address I send you newsletter service
scheylerproperties@hotmail.com or alex.chiller@ef.com
Thank you

chiller15
22-09-2010, 04:24 AM
Newbie here............

I'm having very similar increased approach problems on 3 different machines (1)19xr 3 comp & 4 size hx and (2)xrv size3 comp & size five hx.
Evap approach stays consistent around 4 deg. design on the XR is 1.8 deg and the XRV's around 6.deg
*Flow is w/ in design
*added refrigerant then recovered it back. Due to discharge temp
*check divider gasket - good

I feel the float assembly inspection next?

Anyhow any feedback would be much obliged

Thanks
Robert

chiller15
22-09-2010, 04:26 AM
whoops typo thats .6 deg approach on the XRV's

TurboChiller
22-09-2010, 11:25 AM
[quote=chiller15;203843]Newbie here............

I'm having very similar increased approach problems on 3 different machines (1)19xr 3 comp & 4 size hx and (2)xrv size3 comp & size five hx.
Evap approach stays consistent around 4 deg. design on the XR is 1.8 deg and the XRV's around 6.deg
*Flow is w/ in design

Thanks
Robert[/qu

TurboChiller
22-09-2010, 11:42 AM
[quote=chiller15;203843]Newbie here............

*Flow is w/ in design

Thanks
Robert[/qu
Robert, here it is in a nut shell what I found is that the oil that was manufactured by others was not correct,it was a mix of mineral oil with poe this caused the wide approach,in the evaporator,and stopped the heat trasfer in the evaporator. These machines have enhanced tubes and the mineral gets in the grooves of the tubes,and retards the transfer of heat.What I would reccommend is taking both a oil sample and a refrigerant liquid sample from the evaporator (not vapor)and send it to a qualified testing lab(United Refrigeration). It could be a float but before I pulled the charge and disassemble the float I would check the refrigerant and oil that is a lot easier then pulling the float assembly. If you find that you have mineral oil in the refrigerant,I would be glad to give you my procedure on how to clean up the evaporator.
Robert if you find you have this probleme would you please let me know.
scheylerproperties@hotmail.com
alex.chiller@ef.com
chillertechnology@gmail.com

THERMO-MAN
22-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi im a newbie on here & currently struggling to find out how to post a new thread.....sounds stupid i know!
But im looking for a maintenance manual for the carrier container unit NT42-334-10. Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Toosh
22-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Hi im a newbie on here & currently struggling to find out how to post a new thread.....sounds stupid i know!
But im looking for a maintenance manual for the carrier container unit NT42-334-10. Can anyone help?
Thanks.

At top left hand side of page you will see forums click on it then scroll till you see the category you want, click on it and you will see thread starter :D