PDA

View Full Version : DAIKEN FTXD71JUEA is it the compressor???

TECH TIM
17-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi All,
It's been a while since i've been on here, i just want some advice on this daiken as i dont see many of em.... i have a ftxd 71 juea approx 10 yrs, the indoor unit just shut down and flashing constant, i reset power and ran found outdoor came on then off within 10 secs, it had a fault indicator on out door pcb red led 3 on and green led flash, the chart says pcb output too high, i checked the compressor windings and they are 2 ohms each (there is 4 windings?), the compressor when attempting to start pulls 13.5 amps, is 13.5 amps excessive? when i disconnected comp from pcb the outdoor fan ran for a god 4-5 mins before the unit shut down due to another fault picked up by pcb saying temp sensor not reading, i assume this fault is due to comp not running? it appears to be compressor to me but some advice would be greatly appreciated cheer guys take care......:)

brunstar
17-05-2010, 10:34 PM
hi it sounds like the compressor is drawing too much current on start up and this is why it is shutting down.
It may be seized or seizing.
Does the compressor rotate when it tries to start?
In relation to the windings, there are 3 in total and one is a positioning sensor so that the printed circuit board knows that the compressor is rotating.
Check the output to the compressor and the voltage should be equal between all 3 phases to this compressor. red yellow and blue, the brown is the positioning sensor.

Temprite
18-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Output over current?
Check compressor windings if OK. The outdoor control PCB will be dead. Looks like this unit is in close proximity of the ocean too judging by your location.

Check the forced operation switch and you may see rust starting to form around it, if so then the board will most likely be faulty.

Good luck.