PDA

View Full Version : HELP with Daikin split system "P2" error code

HVACNYC718
17-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Hello, my name is Andrew from Marvelaire Mechanical Corp. Out of New York City, we were doin our first install of Diakin systems and shortly after start up the controller was reading error code "P2", now according to the manual, online lists, and Diakin themselfs this "P2" error code does not exist, anyone out there have experience with this code?????
Thanks in advance Andrew and Marvelaire Mechanical Corp.

hyperion
17-05-2010, 04:49 PM
I seem to recall that this was mentioned on a Daikin training course, but not normally listed on the handouts.
I think it was something to do with "Leak Check". Sorry not sure of the rest of the details.

Kaltmacher
17-05-2010, 07:38 PM
The message >P2< appear if you start the automatic fill of refrigerant and you :
a) didnīt press press BS4 after start filling mode
b) unit not charging, because bottle emty or any valve close

HVACNYC718
18-05-2010, 12:38 PM
The message >P2< appear if you start the automatic fill of refrigerant and you :
a) didnīt press press BS4 after start filling mode
b) unit not charging, because bottle emty or any valve close
Well then my only problem with that is, that the stat verified that the system was filled and it starts up and it goes through its tests and it doesn't "address" anything then goes off on error code "p2"

yorkie10
19-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi Andrew, I had this on a VRV3 install where I didn't perform the initial set up, after carrying out the 30 min initiation set up hey presto P2 gone

HVACNYC718
20-05-2010, 01:25 PM
What do you mean you didn't carry it out??you forgot ot you personally didn't and had to come for service when the instal failed?

yorkie10
20-05-2010, 03:49 PM
I didnt perform the set up procedure, yes I forgot, basically turned it on and stupidly waited for it to auto address which it wont without the initial set up

DEBZ61
21-05-2010, 02:42 PM
The self diagnosis by malfunction charts says:

Reason:
Automatic refrigerant charge operation stop.

Supposed causes:
Closed Stop valve
Closed valve of refrigerant tank

If you need me to email the repair page from the service manual let me know.

sumsor
05-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Haha, it's just past midnight and I'm stuck with finding the error code P2, which isn't in the manual as previously mentioned. How lucky to find this thread, cheers guys.:)