PDA

View Full Version : Beginners Manual?

ZeroTolerance
16-05-2010, 10:17 PM
I was just wondering if someone could put together a basic manual on how to diagnose and repair A/C and Refrigeration units? I think it would be very beneficial to many of the newbies out there in the field like me. For instance how to charge systems with certain refrigerants and the different methods to do so, checking TXV/TEVs to see if they are faulty, how to recover refrigerant and the different methods, how to vaccuum a system and the different methods, etc. Pretty much a manual that goes over the basics 123.

Maybe there is already one out there IDK. Im sure there are others out there that are just like me that dont have mentors or teachers in this area and could use the info and benefit greatly from it. As I've stated before I am EPA Universal certified and a facilities manager for a nation wide restaurant chain, but that license basically just goes over EPA rules and regulations and not necessarily in depth on how to maintain and repair a system.

Brian_UK
16-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Check out Gary's signature.

eggs
16-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Brian beat me to it.

I keep a copy of Gary's book in the van.

Eggs

sneep
17-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Troubleshooting Handbook by Billy C. Langley,Ph'D
and
TECH Method by Gary R. Lloyd,CMS

Get those two books and you can rule the world. :D

sachin230
17-05-2010, 07:36 AM
Hello,

I am not able to find the E book on internet.

1) Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Troubleshooting Handbook by Billy C. Langley,Ph'D

2) TECH Method by Gary R. Lloyd,CMS

Can you please tell the website. Is it free download

sneep
17-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Hello,

I am not able to find the E book on internet.
1) Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Troubleshooting Handbook by Billy C. Langley
http://www.amazon.com/Air-Conditioning-Refrigeration-Troubleshooting-Handbook/dp/0135787416

2) TECH Method by Gary R. Lloyd
http://prostores1.carrierzone.com/servlet/techmethod_com/Categories

Can you please tell the website. Is it free download
Not ebooks. The books are actually cheaper than they used to be.
Best money you will ever spend on anything in this trade.

sachin230
17-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks Sneep