PDA

View Full Version : GE Zoneline heater element stays on

JimOtt
16-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Greetings All;
I have a General electric Zoneline 2000 packaged unit (diagram attached) that cools & heats fine with one exception; the heater element will sometimes stay on (continue heating) after the unit has been turned off. This doesn’t always occur and the selector switch seems to check out OK.
I am reluctant to purchase a new switch to try as they are costly. Has anyone experienced this problem or have any ideas? Any and all responses greatly appreciated.
JimOtt

nike123
16-05-2010, 03:56 PM
You have also electric heater relay. Check if relay is energized when you switch of switch and experience again such behavior of heater. If yes, your switch is faulty or wiring is faulty. If not, your heater relay (contactor) is faulty.

goshen
17-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Greetings All;
I have a General electric Zoneline 2000 packaged unit (diagram attached) that cools & heats fine with one exception; the heater element will sometimes stay on (continue heating) after the unit has been turned off. This doesn’t always occur and the selector switch seems to check out OK.
I am reluctant to purchase a new switch to try as they are costly. Has anyone experienced this problem or have any ideas? Any and all responses greatly appreciated.
JimOtt
Hi sounds like a sticking contactor or relay ,
u should check your wiring to be according to schematic ,there must be an interlock that prevents compressor and heating elements from kicking in when fan is off.
good luck!!:)