PDA

View Full Version : Thermo King MD II sr stand-by problem

lmn8tr
16-05-2010, 05:45 AM
Hi, Im a newbie to this forum and Im impressed with the excellent advice offered. I did post this earlier although I think I used a wrong thread.
My thermo king MD II unit has a problem with stand-by It has a single phase motor on stand-by which starts and runs as it should, how ever when it reaches the set point and shuts down, then the diesel motor kicks in. After the buzzer - the motor begins start, then the unit recognizes the electric stand-by and begins a new cycle on stand-by, again to the set point, and the whole process repeats itself. Would there be a sensor fail? or faulty contact? Where should I be looking? Thanx in advance

moggy66
30-05-2010, 12:50 PM
i would look at the micro. try a cold start,may cure the problem

abbsnowman
02-06-2010, 04:40 AM
I have never seen one of those in single phase. I have heard of it but never seen..

MRW
08-06-2010, 02:00 AM
does the engine actually run or is it just the preheat buzzer you hear

radekklimat
09-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Switch may be defective diesel / Elektrik or call tarnished

ZoO
11-06-2010, 02:49 AM
I would first check all of your High voltage connections (take the plugs apart.) Because your getting a vibration at start. Then it goes back into the proper mode of operation.

If your not getting any alarm codes I would assume the problem is in the relay board itself, Because that's where the phase detection module is located. Again it's because of the shake at start up, and then the follow up correction that I think it is more of a physical problem rather than a software issue.

But then again cold starts are free and relay board cost a little more, so you might want to start there.

abbsnowman
11-06-2010, 06:00 AM
Hopefully we will find out tomorrow.;)

lmn8tr
11-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Yes...i think we might. looking forward to it.

abbsnowman
13-06-2010, 06:14 AM
Just to keep everyone interested up to date, we did't have the cord required to test but did note some wear on contactor #1. I have seen this many times were a contactor expires. Often with phase correction, you have the luxurary of a second contactor in the panel. We may be wrong but thats what we are looking at to start. Cheers...
Abbs