PDA

View Full Version : evaporator fan

jhamp41
14-05-2010, 05:17 AM
I am working on a True Freezer Model # t23f the evaporator fan won't come on. I tried by passing the thermostat and I also hooked the fan up direct and when I hooked the fan up direct the fan ran great but when I hooked it back to the unit know fan motion :rolleyes:I am new to this side of the business maybe some one can tell me what to do in this situation. I would be very grateful.

sneep
14-05-2010, 06:11 AM
Freezers have a delay switch to keep the fans off until the coil is cold enough.
Most manufacturers also run a door switch in series to stop the fans when the door opens.
Some are routed through timers. Check the wiring diagram.
What was the original problem?

jhamp41
14-05-2010, 06:16 AM
The original problem was the fan was not coming on. I changed the defrost termination switch. i did not know that it have a delay on it. all of the meat spoiled/ when i got there it was running and the evaporator was cold the fan just was not on

sneep
14-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Check the refrigerant system. Maybe it's not cold enough.

little turtle
14-05-2010, 06:39 PM
check the electrical connection, and also check the controller relay

Brian_UK
14-05-2010, 07:26 PM
All of the above and then double check the electrical circuits, both live and neutral.

Also, as said above, check the refrigerant circuit.

monkey spanners
14-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Evap temp probe would be worth checking too, as it could be telling the controller the evap is too warm for the fan to run even though it isn't.