PDA

View Full Version : Daikin split system

junction
10-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Hi fellow members

Can anyone give me some advice as to where I can get hold of a Service Manual for the outdoor unit of a Daikin model RXD60JVEA? I live in NSW Australia and the system was installed in my home about 6 years ago.

Thanks

Rob

AUcooler
10-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Try Here- http://www.daikinac.com/commercial/home.asp

Temprite
10-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi fellow members

Can anyone give me some advice as to where I can get hold of a Service Manual for the outdoor unit of a Daikin model RXD60JVEA? I live in NSW Australia and the system was installed in my home about 6 years ago.

Thanks

Rob

I will have a crack at diagnosis with no information.
Outdoor control PCB is dead, and you live close to the ocean.:D

Jokes aside what seem to be the symptoms. Haven't got service manual but have worked on quite a few of these units.

junction
14-05-2010, 10:28 AM
I will have a crack at diagnosis with no information.
Outdoor control PCB is dead, and you live close to the ocean.:D

Jokes aside what seem to be the symptoms. Haven't got service manual but have worked on quite a few of these units.
Thanks for your reply.

Yes I do live close to the ocean and the PCB is dead. The service technician who installed the system (6 years ago) reckons I need to replace the PCB and the compressor and says this would cost not much less than installing a complete new system. I'm trying to get hold of a servive manual as I know a technician who may be able to repair the PCB. What do you reckon about repairing the unit or should I just save my time and effort and just fork out for a new system?

Cheers

Rob

james10
14-05-2010, 07:07 PM
New system all the way.Better technology,more energy efficient you'll get the cost difference back in no time plus you get your warranty

Temprite
15-05-2010, 08:41 AM
New system all the way.Better technology,more energy efficient you'll get the cost difference back in no time plus you get your warranty

Good advice. Strange that compressor is dead, this model had pretty tough compressors. Seen lots of dead control pcb's but not many comps.

nike123
15-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Good advice. Strange that compressor is dead, this model had pretty tough compressors. Seen lots of dead control pcb's but not many comps.
Probably someone has overcharged it!;)