PDA

View Full Version : Refco Royal 2 Vacuum Pump Oil?

Isaac-1
08-05-2010, 05:12 PM
I bought a slightly used Refco Royal 2 vacuum pump (I know its not a Yellow Jacket, etc, but the price was right). Anyway after I bought it I started looking for some information on this pump online, I can't find much other than it is a small 2 stage pump rated down to 50 microns , but did find a reference in their catalog that shows to use their DV-06 series oil with this pump (as well as their discontinued RD-4/6/8), where as all their current pumps use a DV-44 series oil. Now for my question, does anyone know what the difference is between these oils, and can you suggest an oil that is easy to find in the U.S. for this pump?

thanks

chemi-cool
08-05-2010, 07:30 PM
There are a few types of oil, almost the same.

Just google for vacuum pump oil and see for yourself whatever you need.

Isaac-1
09-05-2010, 03:14 AM
My problem is I don't know what is different about the older Royal 2 and RD series pumps. A pdf of a 2007 Refco catalog I found online lists both both the DV-06 oil (for the older pumps) and the DV-44 oil (for use in the current model pumps) so the DV-44 oil did not replace the DV-06 oil. My problem is all the suppliers I found that list the DV-06 oil are outside the U.S. and can find no cross reference for DV-06.

Ike