PDA

View Full Version : Calculating number of Air Handling Units

niranjanvelve
08-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Hi. I am designing a building for my college course work. I need to know how to provide AHU rooms and of what size for a floor;

-measuring 34m x 250m.
-Full Triple Glazing on both lengths and
-350mm concrete slab with 2M false ceiling.
-floor height 7M inclusive of 2M false ceiling.

This is to roughly provide a temperature of 23'C for an occupancy of about 1500 people.

I have currently provided 10 SqM AHU room for every 34m x 50 m space. 5 in total.

Thank You

Brian_UK
08-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Surely the size of your AHU Room depends on the size of the AHU and associated ductwork/pipework that goes with it.

niranjanvelve
09-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks.. here is the thing though.. I am just providing spaces. So the number of AHU Rooms that I have provided, are they enough? Logistically! Detailing is not required, just providing adequate number of AHU rooms based on top of the range the AHUs and Ducting, Insulation etc, available in the market.. Let's say the budget is on the higher end.

Brian_UK
09-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Fair enough, if you are basing your room size and quantity on the equipment going in there you should be OK.

We, however, do not know what equipment you are putting in so are unable to proved a qualified answer to your question.

Tesla
10-05-2010, 02:56 AM
Had you considered putting the AHUs into the false ceiling to save floor space. The physical size of your AHUs depends mainly on whether you use chilled water or DX plant. Chilled water would be my preference with vav's - even though they take up more space, Then the type of duct - square or round. You need to calc fresh air (occupancy use) and heat load (lighting, people, machines, external.

goshen
10-05-2010, 05:06 AM
Had you considered putting the AHUs into the false ceiling to save floor space. The physical size of your AHUs depends mainly on whether you use chilled water or DX plant. Chilled water would be my preference with vav's - even though they take up more space, Then the type of duct - square or round. You need to calc fresh air (occupancy use) and heat load (lighting, people, machines, external.

Hi that statment is very important monitoring co2 levels is crucial.:)