PDA

View Full Version : Holmes Show, 05/07/10: It's raining so they cut Refrigerant Lines...

udarrell
08-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Tonights' Holmes Show, 05/07/10; Raining so A/C guy says we'll cut the refrigerant lines, showed cut lines on video, remove old condenser & come back tomorrow when it's not raining & install the new condenser.

Didn't even show them sealing off the open lines, - or briefly explain their procedures the next day.

It only takes a few minutes to remove the old condenser the next day when it's not raining.

They don't say they are removing the old refrigerant lines & replacing them along with a new matching evaporator coil.

So, we're supposed to guess concerning what they are going to do in order to make it right...

They never mention purging with & then flowing dry nitrogen at under 3-psig while brazing, then leak testing & then proper deep micron evacuations if a new R-410A moisture sensitive system.

Why not briefly "Show & Explain Doing It Right Procedures," concerning an A/C installation?

Why do we have to guess concerning what he is going to do the next day "To Make It Done Right."

Forget the excuses, there are none, I know, I was a TV producer & director in college.

If you don't show the HVAC "Do It Right Procedures," you just defeated the central purpose & theme of the show. - udarrell

Brian_UK
08-05-2010, 11:00 PM
You get so worked up whenever you watch that show.

I think perhaps it is time to stop looking at it to keep your blood pressure down. :)

udarrell
16-05-2010, 03:44 PM
I don't get worked up when watching his shows.

I actually like his shows, it's only when the HVAC sub-contractor comes on the show & never shows the proper procedures, - that I protest a little.

Are we HVAC contractors supposed to keep, - doing it RIGHT Secret? I think so...

The right kind of consumer education will increase your business, because they are motivated to be proactive toward improving home & HVAC efficiencies.