PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba A/C Compressor size

Chris2005
26-03-2005, 11:14 PM
Hi All.

Was at a supermarket today which had a fault with a toshiba A/C unit he said it was very noisey last night but when i got there today it had knocked off the mcb for the unit.

Checked everything out and the comp is gone but the rating sticker has been cut off the compressor so there was a identical unit beside it so i took the covers off and the label has the top cut off as well.
I phoned the toshiba helpline and the man said they cut them off in the factory and i wud have to get on to there suppliers (so they can rip us off)

Can anyone help me with the size of this compressor
Model RAV-464AH8-PE
Serial 24880009
R407c
Thanks Chris..

frank
27-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Hi Chris

Give these guys a ring and they will give you the part number

24-hour Technical Helpline - 0870 843 0333

chemi-cool
27-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi Chtris2005,

I think you can work out the size from here.

http://www.toshiba-aircon.co.uk/tech%20spec%20pdfs/RAV%20Duct%20and%20Slim%20Duct%20B%20BH%20SBH.pdf

Chemi :)

crit71
28-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Checked everything out and the comp is gone
Hey Chris I would be worried about who took it in the first place 'cause it may happen again :p

Chris2005
28-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Very funny Crit71

I thought you would of had some better information than that for me.
Its nice 2 no i can count on you when i am in bother lol :)

chris..

Argus
29-03-2005, 08:57 AM
Hi All.

Can anyone help me with the size of this compressor
Model RAV-464AH8-PE
Serial 24880009
R407c
Thanks Chris..

Toshiba should be able to give you the part number. As I recall, it should be a Copeland scroll and they are a special for Tosh, so you are unlikely to get one 'off the shelf'. You'll have to go through their distributors - they won't sell spares direct.

Additionally, Tosh offer a 3 year warranty as standard in the Uk and that unit is in warranty.

From the serial number it was made in Plymouth in August 2002.
________
M engine (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_M_engine)

al
06-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Guys

I have a toshiba MAR F 81HTM 8E, compressor has been condemned by toshiba service(inverter driven) due to noisy operation(sounds like an aircraft engine when under load), does anyone have a technical manual like the mitsu service tech manuals, want to test run unit and check for gas etc., also would any of the uk suppliers ship a compressor over here with warranty?? Quoted 3500euro for replacement compressor! :mad:

Regards

Alec

bobjob
07-04-2005, 09:32 PM
hi Al

For the Toshiba compressor for the MAR -F81 HTM8E try H.R.P. at Bury St Edmunds on 01359 270888.

They are Toshiba agents and i am sure they will be able to send you a compressor plus a service manual especially if you are spending money with them.

For me the Toshiba VRF has been a reliable unit compared to Daikin VRVs
In the last 10 years only changed about 2 compressors. main problem has been with the discharge solenoid coils in the multi boxs which go open circuit and cause the compressor to trip out on high pressure.

The compressor does get noisy if it is running at 400psig discharge pressure !

You say the inverter compressor is noisy how about the D.O.L. compressor ?

I have a service manual which i can photo copy for you, if you cannot get one from H.R.P. or direct from Toshiba.
but it is dated 1996 so i think it would have been superseeded by now.
please let me know

regards

bob

al
07-04-2005, 11:48 PM
bob

Thanks for the info, will contact them as soon as i get a few minutes!! Compressor was linked out from inverter with the same noise, but the high discharge is something that wasn't checked by toshiba, if i get the service manual i'll test for that.

Thanks again

Alec

Jase
10-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Hi Bobjob

Also when the hot gas solenoids burn out in the multi-boxes they can also burn out the pcb which is a bit of a pain as this then puts the cost of repair right up.
Daikin VRV are more reliable. Wouldn't you agree?