PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Transicold 40X Problem

thebecwar
05-05-2010, 07:56 PM
First off, a little introduction. I am an IT guy with the US Army, and my experience with refrigeration systems is limited at best. I'm currently in Iraq, and we have a Transicold 40X with a Cab Control 2 to keep a 10' reefer cold.

The problem is, we had a couple power outages, and now when I attempt to power the unit on the relays will click on, and the condenser and evaporator will kick on for 30seconds or so then shut off. Once it shuts off the controller displays A02. Is this something we can get fixed without someone who knows Carrier systems, or should we try and get a new unit installed?

radekklimat
07-05-2010, 06:40 AM
A02 error is an error for high pressure condenser, or check whether the patency of the condenser fins are not clogged, clean water, preferably a condenser pressure washer.
Is the fan working?

thebecwar
07-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the answer. We had some British reefer guys out today to take a look at it and they got it working. Is there any error code listing available? Better yet is there a maintenance and repair manual out there somewhere?

We're fixing to go into the hottest part of the year here, and I'm sure it'll have some issues in the near constant 120-130 degree (48-54 C) heat that's coming.

If I can find out what they did to get it running I'll make sure to post it here.

cadwaladr
07-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the answer. We had some British reefer guys out today to take a look at it and they got it working. Is there any error code listing available? Better yet is there a maintenance and repair manual out there somewhere?

We're fixing to go into the hottest part of the year here, and I'm sure it'll have some issues in the near constant 120-130 degree (48-54 C) heat that's coming.

If I can find out what they did to get it running I'll make sure to post it here.take care out there,keeping the condensor clean is very important in that ambient the condensor is the outside part of the unit looks like a radiator,blow it out with compressed air dont get too close or you will damage the fins.

abbsnowman
08-05-2010, 06:03 AM

If I can find out what they did to get it running I'll make sure to post it here.

PM me at mark@futureclimates.ca and I will help you with manual. (Just tell me what units you need info for)
Please, no requests for manuals from others at this time!

thebecwar
12-05-2010, 08:59 AM
I'll see if I can get up there today and clean out the condenser. Hopefully the fan is running ok. Once I do that, will I need to reset the controller, or will a power cycle clear the system and force a re-check?

thebecwar
13-05-2010, 09:03 AM
The condenser was cleaned out, but the unit still has the same problem. On startup I can hear the starting relay click closed, and the evaporator fans running, but the condenser fan doesn't start before the unit stops running.

I checked the fault history and pulled up a code A22, condenser fan motor open circuit. I also pulled up the hours, and it's right at 3850, but since it's so hot here, and the unit doesn't ever move, the condenser fan is running nearly constantly. I'm thinking that the brushes are probably worn out, or in bad condition on that fan motor. So I'm probably back to what radekklimat suggested with the fan.

The next question is, does my diagnosis sound reasonable, and would the condenser fan not running cause the high pressure switch to remain open? Or, is the fan running a condition of that switch closing?

radekklimat
14-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Here's a list of alarm codes
Alarm circuit 022 break in the condenser fan.
Check or replace the brushes on the new
Code Description
A00 Green LED flashes - no alarm - unit is working properly.
A01 Exemption - pressure switch low pressure LP.
A02 Exemption - HP ciśneinia high pressure switch.
A03 Exemption - overcurrent protection of electric drive motor or overcurrent relay.
A04 Error in circuit mode, the compressor clutch ROAD.
Error A05 contactor control circuit compressor STAND BY.
A06 error in the circuit the condenser fan.
A07 Error in ventilator circuit 1st evaporator.
Error A08 ROAD heating circuit, an evaporator (optional).
A09 error in the circuits of the control valve defrosting.
A10 Error injection valve in the circuit.
A11 error in the heating circuit valve.
A12 alarm overheating the interior.
A13 alarm supercooled interior.
A14 defrost Alarm (duration> 45 min).
A15 temperature setting part from the acceptable range (-29 ° C to 30 ° C).
A16 error in the circuit water heater outlet.
A17 Overheating motosprężarki Stand by.
A18 Error Control Stand by heating an evaporator (optional).
A19 Error control valve of the liquid evaporator 1 (option).
A20 pressure switch, low pressure section, stand by (optional).
A21 break in the circuit motosprężarki stand by.
A22 break in the circuit the condenser fan.
Break in circuit A23 heating the first evaporator section of Road
A24 interval obwodziezaworu odszranianai (HGS1).
Break in circuit A25 injection valve.
A26 break in the circuit of hot gas valve (HGS2).
A27 break in the circuit heater water outlet (DWR1).
A28 Break-circuit heating stand by (EHR), an evaporator (optional).