PDA

View Full Version : water source heat pump

Lc_shi
26-03-2005, 12:38 AM
we want to develop water source heat pump( water source : river or pool water);who has this field experience and give me some suggestions? thx! :)

al
27-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Ic Shi,

Have a look at this irish company, have done a few commissionings for them in civil service buildings and the like.

Alec

chemi-cool
27-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Have a look at this irish company

Which Irish company?

Chemi :)

al
27-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Sorry Chemi,

Spent so long looking at site forgot no'ones psychic!! :D

Try this: www.solterra.ie/

Alec

Lc_shi
28-03-2005, 03:28 AM
Hi Al
Thanks.it's useful link. I want to know if there is heat pump using river or pools surface water.

regards
lichuan :)

Peter_1
28-03-2005, 08:05 AM
Hello Lichuan,

Is it a water/Water HP you will make or a DX HP?
If water, a closed or an open system?

Lc_shi
28-03-2005, 09:20 AM
we consider to manufacture water to water,closed loop system,surface water source. we're not good at DX type.
any ideas?

BTW,thx for your uploading software.

rgds

Peter_1
28-03-2005, 10:11 AM
You can learn a lot by searching in the patent database.
One possible address http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/search-bool.html
It's a very slow server.
Give in the first box 'Term 1' geothermal and the second 'heatpump' or 'refrigeration' or 'dx' or 'loop'
Then you click on the the found patents.
Once you're in the patent, click on images.
I printed out at least 3000 pages - perhaps more - from this site from all kind of subjects (suncollectors, heatpipes, geothermal...)
For more info about dx heatpumps - in my opinion the best solution - http://www.nordicghp.com/mg/pdfdxbrochure.PDF and http://www.nordicghp.com/mg/pdfdxmanual.PDF for the design of the dx-coil.

http://geothermal-heat-pumps.heat-pumps.info/dir/geothermal-heat-pumps/P01L01.html

kris
28-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Speak to york international, I worked on a water sorced heat pump drawing from the river tyne,worked a treat!! Hot water was stored in a buffer tank and used for underfloor heating.One thing to note, make sure the bore hole pipework is plastic,They used cast iron pipework at first, and the salt water ate it in days. 1/2 the river in the plantroom!!!!

cleanNcold
29-03-2005, 05:44 AM
I have had extensive experience with water source heat pumps. In the past 7 yrs. I have installed over 100 of these systems ranging from simple "pump and dumps" to water to water closed loop hydronic heating units. It has been my experience that the "old timers" know best. A wise man once told me "***** and water dont mix" it seemed like an innocent and naive statement at the time but he was right. In my experience, the most important thing is water.........pumping, flow, velocity, however you want to measure it ..........water is a pain in the butt. Where you have water you also have many other factors, the nutrients in water can cause many more problems than the refrigeration system as the man said with the salt water. If you can master the water side of the heat pump then you have mastered it all. Dont let it fool you it sounds way too simple

cleanNcold
29-03-2005, 05:53 AM
If you are going to manufacture a water to water heat pump or any water source heat pump for that matter, then you should look at the best one on the market. Hydron Module. Made by the good folks in Mitchell South Dakota. Its the most expensive machine by far but also way better than anything else out there. Good Luck Only thing I would change is using a brazed plate exchanger with a triple safety to ensure freeze protection. With a brazed plate the efficiency is unreal. But......it is so efficient that if the water flow stops........it instantly freezes and breaks. Thats not good. a pressure control or temp. control are not fast enough. There needs to be a flow switch in the loop.

Lc_shi
29-03-2005, 06:44 AM
hi cleanNcold:
Hydron module? it has website?
i agree with that you said the important thing is the water side.
we use brazed plate hx and meet the time it freeze. If the size is not the major concern,i'll use shell and tube hx.

rgds

cleanNcold
29-03-2005, 09:09 PM
www.energy-dynamics.com