PDA

View Full Version : I have failure message on a trane SMM Module.

JanBanan
30-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Can anyone help me with this, It is probably a communication problem. I don't have the user manual.
The fault message that is flashing in the display is: A Com I/04.
Please help.

FreezerGeezer
30-04-2010, 11:48 AM
How many SMM modules does your chiller have?
If it's 3 or less, ignore the message.
It's generated because the main card is trying to communicate with card 4 and not getting a reply.
A standard scroll chiller with 2 circuits will have a main card - the one with the display - and 2 smaller cards with a similar but square black cover & no displays. the second is circuit 2 control, and the third is the condenser fan control.
the fourth card is just an options card, which as far as I know almost no-one in the U.K. ever specified.
It is possible to stop the message by altering the machine configuration setting, but I'm afraid that's in the area of software only accessible to a Trane technician (or ex Trane tech. of course).
If you don't have the 4th card, the alarm will not affect the running of the chiller & as I said earlier, can safely be ignored.
Otherwise you'll need someone like me or a Trane technician to sort it. Ditto if you do have a fourth card.

GHAZ
30-04-2010, 11:22 PM
hi janbanan ive emailed you smm user instructions

goshen
02-05-2010, 05:24 AM
Can anyone help me with this, It is probably a communication problem. I don't have the user manual.
The fault message that is flashing in the display is: A Com I/04.
Please help.
Hi if u run a search in this site u will find previous posting regarding the same problem !:)