PDA

View Full Version : mitsubishi electric mr slim split type ac

fish4fun
29-04-2010, 03:00 AM
the indoor unit is off (not heating or cooling) but a noisy vibrating sound comes on every few minutes, not sure if its a fan , anyone fimiliar with this type of problem.Tried turning outdoor unit off and on, but the noise persists when turned on even though its set to the "power off" on remote, no green lights on either.Summer is crawling closer and will be needing the air soon,but not with the noise.Any ideas.

nike123
29-04-2010, 03:54 AM

nike123
29-04-2010, 03:55 AM
Call service technician. He will be able to find out what is emitting noise easily, since he will be having great tool (his ears) with himself.;)

fish4fun
29-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Tried that with other problems and 120 buck service fee later, still no answer, then i'm having to point out possibilities and end up fixing it myself. I'm a diy guy that fix stuff myself, just needing some advice from someone fimiliar with these units or had similar problems.
Why have this forum if there is wise asses with answers like
"Call service technician. He will be able to find out what is emitting noise easily, since he will be having great tool (his ears) with himself"
:p

Brian_UK
29-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Might be silly but - is the unit mounted on an outside wall?

I ask because if it has only just started consider the possibility of a winged insect/bug having climbed up the pipework and got stranded, or hatched inside the casing.

Also, does it stop when you turn the main power to the unit off? May be a noisey transformer or a cable arcing in a loose terminal. (Clutching at straws here...)

Gingerair
29-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Has your unit got a condensate pump fitted or is it a gravity drain ??

coolhibby1875
29-04-2010, 11:23 PM
the noise will more likely be the inline water pump

Kletchers
30-04-2010, 05:43 AM
It may be a faulty noise eliminator (basically a magnet on a power cable entering the Circuit Board) or the little motor that controls the air vanes rotation. Chances are you may end up needing a new PCB

nike123
30-04-2010, 06:31 AM
Tried that with other problems and 120 buck service fee later, still no answer, then i'm having to point out possibilities and end up fixing it myself.I don't see reason to pay someone service call fee if your problem is not solved by that service job. Or you just like to p(l)aying around?

nike123
30-04-2010, 06:37 AM
Why have this forum if there is wise asses with answers like "Call service technician. He will be able to find out what is emitting noise easily, since he will be having great tool (his ears) with himself"This forum is named Refrigeration-ENGINEER and not end user forum but we still help a lot of end users keeping in mind at end user abilities and lack of specialized tools and specialized education.
Therefore I don't see reason for you to be offended by my response.

nike123
30-04-2010, 06:47 AM
You just got advice from someone familiar with these units. And I repeat, no one can give you solution without specialized tool like stereo vision and directional sound hearing device like human eyesight and hearing.