PDA

View Full Version : CDK coldroom controller

headgasket
28-04-2010, 07:52 PM
can any one help, have a short circuit fault on a CDK controller, evap in probe fault, but there is no evap probes, and no resistors on the controller, using TEV not AKV.i do not have any info, or a hand held unit it's a makro site if thats any help

supermarketguy
28-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Hi Headgasket,

Has the controller been changed recently? and is the front end Cdk?

If the front end is a cdk, you can normally swich the probes on and off at the front end, provded you have the key!!!

If you try and do it through the handheld, it will revert to the setting in the front end, as soon as you remove the controller.:mad:

coolhibby1875
28-04-2010, 09:30 PM
as long as the adress is set correctly the front end should give it the correct info, if its correct just fit a evap probe problem solved!!

chillled
28-04-2010, 09:58 PM
remember on CDK coldroom controllers that if you're running more than one evaporator on one controller the evap in probe is defrost term for evap1, suction probe is defrost term for evap 2 and fith probe is defrost term for evap 3 so dependant on application evap probe fault could be telling us the term probe is fecked.! Hope this helps...

headgasket
29-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Thanks guys, the job is a recall, the fault came after a deep clean on the evap in the coldroom, have checked it only has a defrost probe air on and air off,

thanks chilled, there is only one evap, i might change the defrost probe on that one,
CDK'S website is not very good for info

chillled
29-04-2010, 10:08 PM
that sounds like it then, for future reference contact Ian at CDK on01260296300. He knows the ins and outs of everything CDK have ever made.
Cheers

Ian_Eb
04-05-2010, 11:41 PM
You should be able to check all the probe readings on the Storescan panel.

If they are not showing then you can always turn them on in the panel (although this might cause an alarm)

If you dont have a probe, then I believe the controller will revert to air-off termination if you take the term probe out altogether, but this kind of depends on the s/w version in your controller.

I am out of the office tomorrow, but should be back in on Thursday if you are still not sorted.