PDA

View Full Version : Remote controller set temp

sachin230
27-04-2010, 08:23 AM
System: Daikin VRV III
Cordet remote controller -BRC1C62.
Ceiling mounted indoor unit is working but the remote controller not shows the set temp (swing ,mode & fan speed display available on display)

Your Help on this matter is appreciated

frank
28-04-2010, 12:19 PM
The set temperature does not show if you select 'Fan Only' mode or 'Dehumidifying' mode.

Can you see a snow flake or sun symbol at the top of the controller?

sachin230
29-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Hello Frank, Indoor unit not in use from previous 12 month.For one 28 hp system there is 13 indoor, out of that one is not in use due to some reason. I found water leakage from unit & wired remote controller not shows the set temp. when I start unit from remote controller, found unit is working & it shows the Swing ,cooling & fan speed symbol. I checked field setting found all the second code numbers are factory set.checked proper connection, any loose contact.
No other mulfunction error code found on remote controller except "A3".

Is this possibility 1) Expansion valve is in open condition.since unit is not in use so water drop created on coil fins.automatic drain system also not working. 2) there is problem in PCB card.

(Before one month Daikin service enginner connect the
Service checker Instrument to this Unit for diagnosis of another indoor unit problem.Is this problem created due to Daikin service engineer mistake ? because before connecting service checker instrument to this unit we have never seen water leakage & set temp issue in the period of 11 month.At Present we are not taking support from Daikin, warrenty period is over)

frank
29-04-2010, 11:30 AM
If there were any faults, the system would be showing an error code. No faults, steady red operation light - no problem.

The only other time where a wired remote controller does not show a temperature display is when it is connected to a VAM unit only.

What is the model number of your indoor unit?

sachin230
29-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Indoor unit Model no -FXFQ100PVE
Outdoor Model -RXYQ18PY16 & RXYQ10PY16
Wired Remote controller -BRC1C62

frank
29-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Is the remote controller connected to the P1 P2 terminals as a single controller?

sachin230
30-04-2010, 06:02 AM
Yes,remote controller connected to the P1 P2 terminals.

frank
30-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Have you tried swapping the controller with a different one on the system?

sachin230
30-04-2010, 09:37 AM
I swapped the controller with a different one but found no change in existing problem.

sachin230
30-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Hello Frank, Thanks for your cooperation, Today I interchange existing problem unit PCB card with another unit PCB for troubleshooting.When I connect the another PCB card, remote controller shows the set temp & drain pump also work. & again reconnect the previous PCB card found existing problem so conclude PCB card is faulty. Is this correct ? can we solve problem with help of service checker because strange thing is there in no error code on remote controller.

frank
30-04-2010, 07:37 PM
That was going to be my next suggestion....the indoor fan coil pcb is faulty..looks like you beat me to it. :)