PDA

View Full Version : Bedroom not cool

oilzee
26-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Hello everyone

I face some problem with my bedroom air-conditioning because not cool .Could anybody guide me to solve this problem .Any advice would be appreciate .

It is National 1 Hp ( 2.55 kw cooling capacity ),R22 .
Ambient temperature +32°C .The evaporator only have 3 rolls with condensation ,others remain dry .i have checked the pressure at low side,it was 55psi( SST= -1°C ) .Evaporator clean and fan rotate in correct direction .Some time the compressor overload cut out when the body too hot .

Is it the superheat too high ?
Is the system less of refrigerant ?
or the piping has block ?

your advice would be very appreciated .Thank you.

Regards
Oilzee

monkey spanners
26-04-2010, 05:57 PM
I'd be removing the refrigerant and weighing it to see if the system is short. If it is short then you'll need to start looking for a leak before doing much more.

goshen
26-04-2010, 09:08 PM
hi what is your hi side pressure?
What is the temp in the room your cooling and what is the supply temp?

ryanzhao
26-04-2010, 11:05 PM
short the gas ?

back2space
27-04-2010, 12:55 AM
I would say its a shortage of refrigerant. The fact you only have 3 rows of coils that are wet suggest that there isnt enough gas.

You will have to call an engineer to find the leak and repair.

cadillackid
27-04-2010, 01:00 AM
3 rows of coils wet but none frozen could possibly indicate an issue with the distributor.. are the 3 rows right next to each other or are the 3 rows spread throughout the coil? is it a multifold coil? have you had the cover off and see if all the coil feeder tubes are getting cold?
-Christopher

oilzee
27-04-2010, 08:35 AM
I'd be removing the refrigerant and weighing it to see if the system is short.

I would try your suggestion if others solution can't solved it .Thanks

oilzee
27-04-2010, 08:43 AM
I'd be removing the refrigerant and weighing it to see if the system is short. If it is short then you'll need to start looking for a leak before doing much more.

hi what is your hi side pressure?

it only have low side service valve . Evaporator air in and air out temperature have not taken yet .Thanks

oilzee
27-04-2010, 09:00 AM
3 rows of coils wet but none frozen could possibly indicate an issue with the distributor.. are the 3 rows right next to each other or are the 3 rows spread throughout the coil? is it a multifold coil? have you had the cover off and see if all the coil feeder tubes are getting cold?
-Christopher

This is wall type air conditioner . the evaporator coil and pipe line ( 10 feet long ) do not frozen . The cooling coil only wet (3 rolls ) at the middle of the coil .upper and lower coil are dry . Its look like evaporator in a hunger . Thanks

cadillackid
28-04-2010, 03:41 PM
my vote is for a blockage in the evap coil distributor.. obviously the easiest thing at this point would be to recover and replace by weight the refrigerant.. you could also sdwitch the unit over to heat(reverses flow of refrigerant) then back to cool. if there is a blockage in the distributor it might clear.. (although would likely come right back).
-Christopher