PDA

View Full Version : Old Daikin Multi system, help please!

ArisL
26-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Hi,
I was lucky to find your detaild forum and hopefuly I can get help with a problem I’m having with my DAIKIN Multi, an old model, over 15 years old .........
The equipment:
1. One outside DAIKIN MULTI unit, model MY 90 AV1
2. One inside, floor-mounted Daikin Unit, model FVY 35 AV1
3. Three inside, wall-mounted DAIKIN units, model FTY 223 AV1
Here are the problems/symptoms:
Α. On the FVY 35 AV1 and the First FTY 223 AV1’s
1. In HEAT mode, they blow warm air, but the thermostats are not working, they simply overheat the rooms.
2. In COOL mode there is cold air coming out, but I can’t verify that the thermostat is working properly.
3. On both units the three Fan speeds work OK
Β. On the Second FTY 223 AV1
1. In HEAT mode, there is no warm air coming out. The unit works only in low speed and produces only cool air, no heat. The Fan Speeds are not functioning, it only stays in low.
2. In COOL mode, it was doing absolutely nothing, then after some restarts it eventually got going and produced cool air, again I cannot verify if the thermostat is working.
C. There is a Third FTY 223 AV1 that I have not been able so far to test it’s operation.
Some years back I had the same problem and at the time the dealer suggested I try this on all inside units: With the unit OFF, keep the COMMAND button depressed, while at the same time changing the fan speeds. Fortunately back then the problem was cured, but now this remedy does not work and the dealer so far has not come up with a solution to the problem. The system is installed on a remote island where servicing is a problem.
ANY suggestions would be appreciated !!!!!
THANKS!

frederik79
09-05-2010, 10:39 AM
15 years old , r22 ?
=> why bother ?? => replace

Crash Pilot
12-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Sorry to dig up an old post.

Check emergency swiches on indoor units.
Wall units with wireless remotes- Emergency switch under small flap on front facier. Switch needs to be down.

Wall units with wired controllers have switch on back off wired controller.

Make sure switches are off and reset power. Switches are accessable by customers and they like to play around with these. Then when you have a power failure the units go iinto emergency mode.
They then start working erratic.

devlin maguire
12-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Yes and if you phone daikin they will tell you nada not like the old days when they were fawing all over you trying tp push their products I bought one for a large house 5 years ago I had the direct tech/sales guys number Now they dont want to know you unless your on the preferred customer list
Devlin

icecube51
19-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Yes and if you phone daikin they will tell you nada not like the old days when they were fawing all over you trying tp push their products I bought one for a large house 5 years ago I had the direct tech/sales guys number Now they dont want to know you unless your on the preferred customer list
Devlin

i now that feeling, whe have the same problem in Belgium to.

Ice