PDA

View Full Version : Leaking frost free fridge-freezer

diment01
17-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Hi All

Can anyone tell me why I have a small pool of water coming out of the bottom of my fridge freezer. When I open the freezer door there is also a trail of water where the door has opened.

It is a frost free Electrolux ER7926B. The fan at the back of the freezer was blocked when we bought lots of bargains and I thought that that was the problem. Appears not to have sorted it.

All help really appreciated

Thanks

Garry :rolleyes:

Latte
17-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Overload your'e fridge could well have caused the problem.

By blocking off the fan the evaperator will have iced up as there was no air going over it. Now the ice builds up till the fridge cannot sustain it and melts hence the leak.

Best thing to do is get it empty, swtich it off overnight with the door open and allow all the ice to melt then switch back on the next day

Regards

Fatboy

chemi-cool
17-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Hi Garry,

You're not a fridgy, are you?

At the bottom of the freezer compartment, there is a hole that collects the water at the defrost cycle.

At the top of the fridge compartment, usually right side, there is a small pan collecting the defrost water and deliver them to an aluminium pan attached to the top side of the compressor where the heat generated from it, evaporates the water. (This has nothing to do with the condensation on the windows)

So, your problem is that the water passage is blocked and the little stream that runs every 6 hours is the result.

To fix it, you will have to disconnect it from the mains and let it defrost completely and then clean the water passage.

Or call a professional.

To avoid it in the future, every item that goes into the freezer, should be wrapped with nylon, everything. ;)

Hope that help you.

Chemi :)

diment01
17-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the guidance gents.

You are right Chemi, I have no idea about these big white things that keep my food cool or frozen.

I am learning though.

Cheers

Garry

expertcat
13-03-2006, 08:10 PM
the electroluxs mostly have 2 defrost heaters.
1 defrosts the evaporater and the other will try to defrost the drain hole.
Sound like the defrost drain hole has frozen up nothing unusual there if thats the case.defrost the evaporater and drain hole.
Twist a peicre od heavy single core copper wire around the heater and push it down the drain hole till it comes out of the other side.
This will stop the drain hole from freezing up

billyfridge
22-06-2006, 11:49 PM
is water dripping from your freezer door when it's opened?? if so it means your insulation behind the liner has got wet and is freezing up, nothing you can do about it only new door.