PDA

View Full Version : Hotpoint Mistral Plus Fridge/Freezer - Fridge not working

sasmj
25-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Hi I have a Hotpoint Mistral Plus Fridge/Freezer and for 14 years it's never failed me, up until about 2 weeks ago. After a friend cleaned the fridge we noticed the temp gradually creeping up. It eventually hit 20C and and stayed there for about a week. It then started to yoyo up and down between 10C and 16C and yesterday actually came back to 4C. We loaded it back up again only to see the temp head up again. It's currently sitting and 16C. Throughout this time the freezer has stayed a solid cold -22C. I have regularly kept the grill at the bottom dust free and I'm guessing the fridge thermostat needs replacing but being totally non technical would not even know where it's found. Can anyone tell me if I may reasonably be correct and if so where I would find the thermostat. Many thanks in advance.

tb637
26-04-2010, 12:59 AM
the problem is the thermistor in the freezer. it's located inside the freezer behind the plastic panel on the back. one has a yellow plug and the other has a green plug, the yellow one needs changing but everyone i know changes both.