PDA

View Full Version : Water drop from indoor unit coil fins

sachin230
24-04-2010, 12:55 PM
We have VRV III system.
ODU:RXYQ18PY16
IDU:FXFQ100PVE
Cordet remote controller -BRC1C62.
There is a water leakage from indoor unit.when I checked,found water drop on indoor unit coil fins at every side.I drain out the water approx 10 ltr from the drain hole.cordet remote controller not shows the set temp but indoor unit is working with display of swing operation,fan speed .Also there is no "Test" operation display on remote controller

Your help on the above matter is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

monkey spanners
24-04-2010, 03:12 PM
I think this is a ceiling cassette, if so it should have a pump in it to pump the water into the drain.

It could be due to the pump not running, check it to see if it is, there may be an inspection plate on the side.

It could be dirt in the drain pan blocking the pump inlet, if so clean it all out with a good coil cleaner or the mold/fungus/whatever will grow back.

It could be a blocked drain, either due to dirt, or if it is plastic pipe it could have sagged over time and is now too restrictive for the pump to be able to push the water through.

The pump will only pump up 450/600mm from the ceiling height (check instructions for proper measurement) so if the drain is highter it won't work.

It could be being pumped into that cassette from another one if all the drains are connected. Drain may need re doing differently.

Jon :)

sachin230
26-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks Monkey spanners for quick reply, but why remote controller not shows the "Set temp" on cooling mode.water drop found on coil fins

sork
26-04-2010, 09:41 PM
if the pump is not blocked and working, you may have a distance problem i.e from one evap to the other, that is reason why evap is flodding ;in that case you need to extend the pipe work before the unit is icing up.