PDA

View Full Version : Winding Problem

ssk7899
23-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Hi .. i have a Screw Compressor .. i bought in 2006 from refcomp .. at the time of commissioning only , the motor winding was gone .. after that i re winded , after 2 months again the winding was gone , like that total 5 times , i dont know whats the problem is , can any one help me in this ... how to get out from this .. sorry for my english

GHAZ
23-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Hi whats the compressor model and is it a p/wind or star delta, and what application is it on and refrigerant

Brian_UK
23-04-2010, 11:14 PM
What are the reasons for the winding failure? You should have some idea by looking at the windings themselves.

Pictures here if you are unsure...
http://www.firstelectricmotor.com/motor%20failure.htm

nike123
24-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Hi .. i have a Screw Compressor .. i bought in 2006 from refcomp .. at the time of commissioning only , the motor winding was gone .. after that i re winded , after 2 months again the winding was gone , like that total 5 times , i dont know whats the problem is , can any one help me in this ... how to get out from this .. sorry for my english

Did you changed contactor and over-current thermal protection relay when you re-winded your compressor?

A single phased winding failure is the result of an open in one of the phases that supply power to the motor. The open is usually caused by a bad fuse,bad connectiion ,a open contactor or a broken power line.Also, what safety devices are used for situation when single phase is missing and voltage is to low except over-current thermal relay?

ref717
24-04-2010, 04:49 PM
What is the size of your motor and type of motor starter?

goshen
25-04-2010, 06:29 PM

Hi :ssk7899
i hope u werent scarred away by all the replys ,but if u would be nice enough to give us some detailes, u might actully solve your problem!:D

wilz
27-04-2010, 03:28 AM
we need details like kw, voltage,set up overload,winding connection , star or delta,amperage etc

Magoo
27-04-2010, 04:10 AM
I would suggest that the re-winding copper wire insulation quality is not up to spec., alternatively the system acidity is out the window and damaging the insulation of the windings.
To coin the phrase, "rubbish in equals rubbish out ".
If you have rewound the windings 5 times without all the clean out and recovery procedures, you are your own worst enermy. The client must be pi##ing blood by now.

nike123
27-04-2010, 04:51 AM

nike123
27-04-2010, 04:52 AM

goshen
27-04-2010, 05:12 AM
!!!!!!!.......<<<<<<<!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i agree nike123!!!

mbadanai
04-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Here's a bit of history and contacts if you need them.

RefComp and Thermokey form together the RTH group which is an independent group which has one owner who is the original founder Mr. Candio.
RefComp makes the very same screw and piston compressors at their factories both near Vicenza in Italy and in Shanghai in China while Thermokey makes many types of heat exchangers for Air Con, Refrigeration , Process Control, Close Control , Power and Energy and Solar Energy markets and manufactures in Italy , China and Brazil.

About 30 years ago Mr. Candio used to own Artec (heat exchangers) which he after sold to Alfa Laval. After RefComp was then founded and was a pioneering company with screw compressor technology specifically designed for HVAC and Refrigeration applications. During this past century Bitzer used to sell the large RefComp screw compressors through their sales network because back then they did not manufacture yet this kind of new screw compressor.
After Thermokey was then founded. Nowdays Thermokey is pioneering in large aluminium microhannel heat exchangers specifically designed for HVAC and Refrigeration applications

you can contact them at :

sales@refcomp.it
sales@thermokey.it