PDA

View Full Version : EKC 315A Strange Problem

quark555
23-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Hi,

At work last night I faced a very strange problem, all the sudden ... 7 numbers of EKC 315A controllers stopped working properly.... They were all showing temperatures of 140C and above!!!! I connected on of them with a probe, and it was sensing temperature but as if it were adding 120C to the actual value!!!

I am really clue less.. how can this happen, 7 numbers of EKC 315A at the same time!! and showing the same problem..

I tried to reset one controller to original factory setting, and then loading the parameter, but still the same issue... Kindly help me A.S.A.P if anyone had the same issue before.

and thanks in advance.

Silhouette
23-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Hi quark555,
Are these controllers connected to a network, if so what is the front end?
One explanation would be a network error that has sent bad information to these controllers and caused the issue you have found.

Eeram
23-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Hi

Several scenarios can exist!

Do you have PT 1000 sensors on it?
Did you connect the probe straight on the controller when testing?
Did somebody cut probe cables by accident?
What is the r05 parameter set to?
What is the o30 parameter set to? Did it match the Refrigerant in use?
What is the 017 parameter set to? Temperature? Superheat? Valve opening degree?

Normally when probe wires are open circuit, they show high readings.

Come back on this matter if possible.

quark555
23-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Dear Silhouette,
Yes they are connected through LanBus network. But I already isolated the controller, restarted it, and same result. (I don't know if restarting it should help). Suppose that it was network problem, how to resolve it? even though thel Lon Network is workig fine since that we are actually getting alaram normally and we can view all the different nodes.
And thanks you in advance.

quark555
23-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Dear Eeram,

Below my answers in blue.

Do you have PT 1000 sensors on it?
Yes PT 1000

Did you connect the probe straight on the controller when testing?
Yes I connected the probe straight on the controller while testing.

Did somebody cut probe cables by accident?
No. (Actually I imagained that all the cables were going in one cable try a something happened over there.. but i

What is the r05 parameter set to?
C-b

What is the o30 parameter set to?

Did it match the Refrigerant in use?
Yes it's matching the refrigerant in use.

What is the 017 parameter set to?
Temperature?
Superheat?
Valve opening degree?

Normally when probe wires are open circuit, they show high readings.
(I used brand new probe while testing, and I checked its resistivity, and it was fine and normal)

And thank you for your help.

coolhibby1875
23-04-2010, 07:52 PM
sounds like a power surge, i have had similar problem a few times when the building was hit by lightning, this was on elm controllers though,we had to replace about 20 controllers in 1 go.

quark555
23-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Thank you coolhibby for your reply. Actually I suspected that.. but unfortunately our BMS didn't register any power interruption. Thus we couldn't prove it for our management.

coolhibby1875
24-04-2010, 10:20 AM
hi quark this will be because the the bms system will have more than adequate surpression,a lanbus network nor the 315 controllers have any surpression!