PDA

View Full Version : volume of drainage container

BenProc
22-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Can anybody tell me how to calculate the volume of water that would defrost from a 6ft evap coil running at -10ºC [14ºF] with air Relative Humidity 65%. I am building a refrigeration test centre as a Practical Project, and I want to roughly estimate the size of a container needed to catch the drainage water from the 8ft Highback Dairy Unit over a 48hr period. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. I need to put the calculations in my report.

Brian_UK
22-04-2010, 08:59 PM
You haven't given us the duty of your coil but for normal air conditioning systems they use 0.5 to 0.8 l/hr per kW, double if the conditions are humid.

Or you could just measure it. ;)

The amount of frost generated on your coil is subject to so many variables, especially when the unit is in it's working environment that it is an open ended question.

However using a psychometric chart would also give you some indications of the moisture removal by the coil.

BenProc
23-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Or you could just measure it. ;)

:) I am going to measure it during testing, I just want to know more or less how big the container should be to catch the water in an 48 hr run.

Thank you for your reply.

This forum is very informative, the knowledge you guys impart has help me alot so far.