PDA

View Full Version : cleaning old pipework

rbartlett
16-03-2005, 09:37 AM
hi guy's

we've been asked to quote to replace some old kit in a path lab in a big hospital. However it's on R22 and they want it to be on some of that fancy new cold stuff like 404a

the pipe run is about 60 m and the install quality is such that it seems a real pity to rip it out..

now then is there anything around which would flush the pipes to a sufficient standard??

(and no we can't fit a mitsi wall mount!!)

cheers

richard

chemi-cool
16-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Hi Richard,

I have posted in the past about some special solvent for this purpose.

But Every refrigerant supplier, will have their oun.

Chemi :)

bernard
16-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Hi

I,ve used endo-flush from nrs on several occasion and alls worked well

cheers b

rbartlett
16-03-2005, 08:17 PM
how long does it take to flush the pipes out and do you need anything else to do it with -pumps etc??

cheers

richard

chillyhamster
16-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Change the oil to POE and run with R22 until below 5% mineral content. Then change the unit and expansion device to R404a. A wise move would be to fit a drier shell in the suction as the R404a will scour the crap off the inside of the pipes and return it to the compressor ( unless pipework was installed with purged Ofn)??.

rbartlett
16-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Change the oil to POE and run with R22 until below 5% mineral content. Then change the unit and expansion device to R404a. A wise move would be to fit a drier shell in the suction as the R404a will scour the crap off the inside of the pipes and return it to the compressor ( unless pipework was installed with purged Ofn)??.

the problem here is that the old stuff is shafted and doesn't work..

cheers

richard

frank
16-03-2005, 08:54 PM
the problem here is that the old stuff is shafted and doesn't work..

You can always use a recovery machine to cycle the flushing liquid through the pipework. Just make sure it's an oilless compressor.

chemi-cool
17-03-2005, 03:30 PM
You can always use OFN to push it, just put some thing at the other end to collect it.

bernard
22-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Hi Richard Pump the endo flush through with oil pump until it comes out other end,then send ofn through to blow remainder out,always measure amount in and out as this stuff won,t evaporate,repeat until your happy with the colour,Your aiming to get 95 % out of what you put in.All the instruction are on the bottle.

cheers ber

SNi
06-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Hi
You can use R-11 (or other refrigerant which doesn`t evaporate at atmosphere pressure) to clean up the system & remove old oil from the system, especially from evaporator & condenser.

SNi

FreezerGeezer
06-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Not in this country, pal! ;-) R11 is illegal here. Richard, I'm told that we've used Endoflush before with good results, but that getting it all out was a challenge. MInd you, we were cleaning the whole system, comp. included!

chemi-cool
06-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey' Hey, Hey

You do not say here R-11, R-12 and R-502 unless it is in the past tense. :D

I have used yesterday AXAREL 6100, 1 to 1 replacement of good old R-11.
Did remarkable job, had to heat the coil a bit while vacuum was on.
http://www.techchem.net/solventcleaners.htm

About the "pleasent" odor, my a**s.

rbartlett
06-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Hi
You can use R-11 (or other refrigerant which doesn`t evaporate at atmosphere pressure) to clean up the system & remove old oil from the system, especially from evaporator & condenser.

SNi

Sni

Sadly r11 was banned in the UK years ago... and the flushing using refrigerant is considered wrong too..

cheers

richard

shuki
14-12-2007, 04:10 PM
does anyone know where i can get R141b, this is much better than Endoflush as its easy to get it out

TWINCHRISHANNAH
14-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Why flush the system, You can use iceon 59 as a direct replacement for the r22 withoutchanging oil!!!

bit quicker

Brian_UK
15-12-2007, 12:59 AM
Why flush the system, You can use iceon 59 as a direct replacement for the r22 withoutchanging oil!!!

bit quickerYou need to re-read the original post and subsequent ones, from the originator, in the thread to answer your own question.

Grizzly
15-12-2007, 01:18 AM
hi guy's

we've been asked to quote to replace some old kit in a path lab in a big hospital. However it's on R22 and they want it to be on some of that fancy new cold stuff like 404a

the pipe run is about 60 m and the install quality is such that it seems a real pity to rip it out..

now then is there anything around which would flush the pipes to a sufficient standard??

(and no we can't fit a mitsi wall mount!!)

cheers

richard
Richard
Your thread is a little old now. But if the link below is
no longer needed. Someone else may benifit.
Once on the webpage scroll down to the bottom and read about Isceon's replacement for R141b.
Available as a complete kit for cleaning systems.
I assume this will also be available in U.S.A. as they are part of Dupont I think?
That's if you guys (from across the pond)have the same restrictions as us?
Grizzlyhttp://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

http://www.idsrefrigeration.co.uk/index.php?content=cleaning

expat
07-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Yes Grizzly, we do have the same restrictions and as I understand it 141b is now out. I was just looking for some alternatives, on the net, to the highly expensive products sold here in France and came across this:
http://www.nucalgon.com/nucalgon/nucalgon_products.nsf/All/0693B682EC63D0F38625667400779761?OpenDocument

expat
07-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Having only just clicked the link you put up I will add that I coincidently have my catalogue open at the FRIOPACK page and it retails at:

Nettogaz GC1 Friopack 13kg 1,365 euros
Nettogaz Greenclean Friopack 10kg 516 euros

:eek::eek::eek:

"Sorry mate looks like the compressor's burnt out. Here's your quote":

300 euros comp

150 euros labour (inc brazing + vac out)

1,365 euros for the internal flushing agent (don't worry about the labour on that part, you've suffered enough)