PDA

View Full Version : Daikin high pressure switch. E3 fault

weidit
21-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Hi guys I have been having problems with a condenser vrv. It's out on high pressure switch e3 fault. Checked for abnormal power and is all fine. But it's cuts out on e3 wohout eve trying to run. Tried turning off an on again and fault comes straight back so I can't even run it to see if it is running at to higher pressure. Any ideas where to start? Should I do a restart and put it back threw a test run?

Many thanks guys

hyperion
21-04-2010, 08:57 AM
It could be a faulty HP switch or possibly a fault on the relevant section of the PCB. Check the wiring to the pressure switch and check for continuity etc. You may need to reset the system at the outdoor PCB as the fault code will be stored. Which model is the VRV?

Mentallist
21-04-2010, 09:14 PM
High pressure switches on VRV systems are 240v normally closed under normal conditions. This is the first thing to check. If the system is VRV III, then a nanual rest is required. To do this, simply stop the operation of all indoor units by remote/centralised controller, then press the return button once on the outdoor unit main pcb. LED H2P on the bank of seven will then go out and the system will be locked out for a period of around 10 seconds, then the system will be able to be re-started. This was added to the software of VRV III systems. Powering off the outdoor unit will also reset the problem, but only if all indoor units are stooped. Hope this helps, let me know how you get on